What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My condolences to all catholics

• Thread starter LauraZ5
  • Start date
Do you guys have to argue everything. If you don't like the pope then pass this thread. A person died reguardless of religion. If you feel that he oppressed you or whatever then be the bigger person and let it be. The argueing everytime a religion is mentioned is rediculous and childish. Let it be! By the way, I am not catholic and only consider myself lightly christian.

Joe

who said i didn't like the pope?

i'm not arguing, and i don't dislike Catholisism, it's my opinion

there's no excuse for opressing women.

yeah..its unbeleivably pathetic, immature and petty to put a man down in a thread about his death..
when President Clinton or John Kerry dies how about if we all make their "tribute threads" into tirades about how much they sucked, and how much we disliked them when they were alive?!?

get a life..
if you cant say anything nice, just shut up..
this isnt the time or the place.
Scot

like i said, who said i disliked him as a person?

and AW and i aren't the only ones.

let me clarify:

he was a strong man, a great leader, i respected him, but he wasn't without his faults like all people.

if i offended anyone, sorry you got offended.

Ok folks. Settle down.

The Pope was someone who was important to a lot of people and his passing is a big thing. He was after all a human being and no human being is perfect. I think he did a lot of good but that's not to say he wasn't without faults. I certainly don't agree with Catholic doctrine but he made a point to travel all around the world to reach out to people. He was the first Pope to go to a synagogue and to a mosque...and he traveled more miles around the world than any other Pope. He made a concerted effort to reach out to other religions. He didn't just sit in the Vatican like he was an untouchable "god". He liked to be available to the masses.

No matter the religion, he was meaningful to a lot of people and so it is a sad thing that he is gone. But it is a good thing he is free of his ailing body.

I saw some absolutely beautiful photographs of the Pope on CNN today. Beautiful photography. He had a very kind and gentle face.

have you seen the pic on msn.com? it's very nice.

I'll have to go look. I've seen a lot of pics today and was quite impressed by a lot of them.

He did do a lot (the first pope to ever pray in a mosque) but does anyone remember how he became pope? That whole situation was a little questionable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what he did for the jews is of course good, but 2...or 10.. wrongs don't make a right.
What makes you think he was wrong?

since you asked:

he opressed women in the church (they had their "place")

he was anti-abortion

anti birth-contron

he says gays are a threat to society and he said they are evil. specifically ""ideology of evil."

He was anti stem-cell research (It could save millions!)

anti-divorce

he was the perfect example of a pope, he was the perfect pope. enough said.

he did a whole lot of good stuff... no-one ever remebers the good things but they never forget the bad things...

Back