Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My a.konjac has flowered

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I went up to my room to get my .45 because me an NickHubbel are about to go shoot our guns and I look over in the corner of my room and something two and half feet tall sticking out of an empty pot. I looked again and it the pot that I keep my A.konjac bulbs in. It's a flower. I have been waiting for three years for it to flower. This is my first one. I'm so excited.
    It's still to cold to put it outside and it's going to stink. My wife will love it. lol

I'll get some pics on here within the next few days.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well...forgive us, but I think we'll wait for the photos. lol

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deserve that. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] I was thinkin the same thing. Your house will fill with the smell of rotting flesh. Still laughin funny guy? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Thats cool! It's really exciting when a flower takes soo long and finally blooms, the anticipation waiting for the spike to unfurl is killer.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like a piece of you (oops, freudian slip) piece of the love plants. Is that what A. konjak is? The leaf you sent the school shot up new growth just as you said it would.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not a love leaf, the common name is devils tounge. I do have bulbs to give away though. I was saving them for the NASC auction though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an A. konjac that flowered three weeks ago.
    Man.. the house reeked like a garbage can in August for about 2 days. Then I had two days of mild annoying odor.
    My wife nearly made me put it in the basement.

My friend you have a treat ahead of you. My flower stalk was 48" tall when done. Wild Bill had one that was 79" tall...

Kirk
    Fitchburg, Mass

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping by the time the lovely smell gets here it will be warm enough to put it out side. What's the coldest temp they can stand?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast