What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think ppl are getting way to.............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Ill have to agree on that one.

hmmm, people care too much.

i've been known to be very liberal and PC, but that's just absurd...

I use the phrase occasionally in my home when kids get out of control. No disrespect intended. Never thought of it as having a derogatory connotation and still don't.

I dont even understand why they took the time to appologize I mean we are supposed to call them NATIVE americans right? Am I wrong? Man I need to make a point to keep up with the politically correct phrases, wouldnt wanna step on some toes.

lol i live on a reservation the "native americans" up here refer to themselves as "indians" unless they are asking the government for more handouts THEN they are a "sovereign nation"

OH BULLCRAP! He wasn't making fun of them!Well if we can't call them natives then what the heck are we supposed to call them???*Niki*

Human beings is always good.

Yeah but he wasn't talking about all human beings,he was talking only about natives.So he should have said"The human beings with the darker colored skin"?*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 01 2005,11:42)]Human beings is always good.
Good call, and great way to end this BW.

Why does this have to end?*Niki*

Pah, some people are a bit too sensative about that sort of thing. The little article even said that the govenor "went out of his way to call the conference," I don't think that he did it so he could make fun of them. And if he did, well, then he has a -only slightly- worse sense of humor than I do.
laugh.gif
People should hear my house, I don't even know how often someone gets called a "Dirty Kraut" here.
smile_n_32.gif
None of us are antisemitic, we just can appreciate the humor of it.
biggrin.gif

--Jonathan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 01 2005,11:49)]Why does this have to end?*Niki*
It doesn't have to end. I apologize as I did not mean to censor you.

Oh it's all good.I don't even live in the states so I don't know why I'm even fighting this
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Did someone sat centless?
smile_h_32.gif
that would be me

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 02 2005,12:51)]Censor, or senseless?
You got me bug--senseless is right. Sorry that I chimed in--it was late, and I was restless...
smilie4.gif

who gives a s*** anyway
smile_m_32.gif

bye for now julian

It's all about being "POLITICALLY CORRECT" nowadays. If the Gov. didn't apologize, then who's to say that he wouldn't be threatened with a lawsuit on his remark? So it goes both ways on these inconsequential issues.....

Back