What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In a pot of their own

I just received three big mouth venus fly traps today, my first of this kind. They are still pretty small little guys. I was wondering, in general, if you guys give your plants each their own pot or do you combine some into the same pot. These are small enough that they shouldn't really crowd each other yet. It looks nice sometimes to see a pot really filled up with plants though, instead of one plant in the center. However........it is also nice to see one very nice plant given it's own space in a pot so it stands out a little more. I have some of each. For the most part, I have given each plant it's own pot, but I have a couple of pots that have more than one.

Just curious what your guys' thoughts are.

- Joel

Firewired. It really depends on what you want to see in the pots. Though if you do put them all in one pot you may want to make a little bigger than usual but you don't need it to be much bigger.

Hey Joel,

This is more opinion than anything else: If you have time, space, and pots, planting them individually would be the way to go. It will save you from having to do it down the road. Other than that, it seems that they won't be in competition for anything else - unlike tropical fish. I bought a 2" pot that had 3 small red VFT's in it and just kept them like that for the duration of the year.

Back