What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allergic reactions are no fun

I have never had an allergic reaction before to anything. But today I was digging through walmart's selection of mulches to find some redwood mulch to line the bottom of my pot for my new Drosera regia. I didn't find any....but on the way home my eye started to get blurry. I thought it was just my contacts drying out, but when I got home it started to get really red. I took my contacts out and hoped it would get better. Turns out it could be pink eye caused by an allergic reaction to some of the dye in one of the mulches. Well I'm hoping it goes away soon because I'd rather not go to the doctor and I'd like to be able to see clearly out of both eyes. Thought I'd share.....
confused.gif

Oh man that doesn't sound pleasant.Just be careful cause pink eye is HIGHLY contagious
smile_h_32.gif
Hope you get better soon
smile.gif
*Niki*(Trapper7)
smile_r_32.gif

I hyad pink eye once...yeah it is not fun. I`ve also had alergic reactions....from Reglan I had paranoia,Deppression,extreme agitation. And from Vancomyacin I had red man syndrom.

I shouldn't complain too much, I know it's a pretty small trouble in the big scheme of things. I don't think it's pink eye anymore. Just an alergic reaction that apparently bothers my one eye and gives me a sore throat. It's better today already.

Pond Boy, that's quite a list! Are you back to 100%?

i used pingmans method of putting bloodworm powder on pings. when i was crushig them, i accidentally inhaled the dust. my throat closed completely and had to use an epipen. i couldn't even talk or breath. my throat and sinuses were bad for a week!

I'm glad you're feeling better firewired:) Couple questions...What's red man syndrom?Do you turn red?LOL.And does it only happen to men(since it's called red MAN syndrom)If it doesn't then it should be called red person syndrom:p And JustLikeAPill:You had to go to the hospital for that right?(I'd hope so)and what's epipen?*Niki*
smile_m_32.gif

Whoa Clint that must have been bad:O

Firewired: Those where only while I was on the meds,and know I have the chronic ailment I`ve had since a few months after my snakebite.

Niki: Red man syndrome is where you start swelling up and getting red and itchy after recieving vanc. I was on that for an infection in my pic line,wich caused a 104 fever and a blood clot in my lungs,and was caused by Methacilin resistent Satphlobacus aureas. From what I understand it affects each gender the same at about one in every 3 people. It went away after a dose of Diphenahydramine(beandryl) and so I only had it the first time.

Pondboy:I've always wanted to know what happened to you.About the snake bite thing.But I couldn't find the thread in which you explained it.Could you tell me what happened?*Niki*

no i didn't go to the hospital. i had to use an inhaler, nebulizer, and i took a few antihistamines. an epipen is something filled with...stuff, and you stab yourself in the thigh when you have a serious allergic reaction(like peanuts, bees, )

Back