Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looks like i will never get a green house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those HOA rules are to prevent somebody from building a crappy-looking shed, and lowering the property values of everybody's homes around them.

If you're planning a nice-looking greenhouse, you may wish to speak to the HOA representatives and see if they'll let you do it. Show them the plans, and a picture of what the final project would look like.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 03 2005,5:37)]See, this is another reason I hate gated communities as much as I hate the suburbs... AUGH!! SUBURBIA SUCKS!!!! _
    Ever heard the term "generica"?

Suburbia with nothing but chain stores and restaurants, neighborhoods with cookie-cutter homes, etc.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I know I can make a presentation, but get this. Its strange. I have to have a contractor present, to assure them everything is up to code. I was just going to buy one of those nice ones. Hmm oh well maybe I can see if anyof my friends know any contractors or anything.

I can't build the fence taller, thats even worse I'd imagin. Yea I realize why the rules are here but I doubt anyone that would live here to begin with would want to have a crappy shed in their yard. So, monday I'll call them up and see whats up with green houses.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you somehow attach it to your house and say its a sun room?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite X Files shows was the gated community episode. Make sure you have approval for whatever you build and maintain it well.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the contracter code part is standard procedure
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, yea, I'm sure the being up to code is standard no matter where you live. But Can you imagine how expensive it would be to just hire a contractor to tell the board what you "might" be doing? Thats rediculous. Hmm I might get away with the sunroom part. That might be easier to approve since it would be an attachment that would have to look like the house or at least match it.

Yea there are some good scifi shows with the plot beinga crazy gated community.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey in some areas any raised patheay over 4 inches requires a railing, an any water area deeper than 5 requires a fence around it
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast