Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looks like i will never get a green house

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I refuse to live in a place like that. I would be much happier living outside the city limits where the only rules I have are my own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    build a greenhouse that looks like a huge SUV and they won't have a problem with it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats really dumb, why dont you build like a higher fence where the greenhouse would be visible?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, If you are intending to build a nice one, I doubt your home owners association will have a problem with it.. That being said, the homeowners association in my in-laws neighborhood took exception at their christmas decorations last year "Overly Religious Signs" (One sign that sais Jesus is the reason for the season) and put a lean on their house. (while other houses with other signs that were much larger went unscathed. (Note: this is not an invitation to religious debate!) It all has to do with what type of idiots are sitting on your homeowners association board, just like you said.

That being said, if you present your plans beforehand, and appropriately, comply with local ordinances in design and so forth, and you are denied, you have two extremely viable options:

1) Run for office, and have like minded friends run for office, and push through your greenhouse while in office if you win.

2) Lawyer up. Home Owners associations are not rich, at least most are not, they usually pull in enough money for a few parties a year and to pay a security guard to watch the gate. When they see that in all likely hood, all that money will be squandered in legal defense, it is very likely they will cave without ever going to court.

This is going to more and more become a hot topic issue, home owners associations are getting ridiculous in their by-laws, and some neighborhoods, not all, are getting ridiculous in their enforcement of it. It's one thing to put a PVC and painters plastic hoop house up, but a victorian style greenhouse is something of beauty that will enhance all that can see it. I think we are going to see some court rulings in the near future truncating the rights of these associations.

Oh, funny thought, get Ozzy to send you some Carrion Flower bulbs... and next year, put them out when they bloom. When the neighbors complain, tell them quite simply, "Oh, the greenhouse would have charcoal filtered the air... sorry."

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good points ram,

Well I talked to the association. Looks like I shouldn't have to big of a problem. I need to get some blueprints or plans to send them in the mail with a statement explaining why I need this. Also I have to make sure it won't obstruct the veiw of any neighbors, which shouldn't be a problem since I don't want it to much taller then the fence. Plus the "veiw" isn't of where I'll be wanting the g-house....

updates later this week....
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Oh, funny thought, get Ozzy to send you some Carrion Flower bulbs... and next year, put them out when they bloom. When the neighbors complain, tell them quite simply, "Oh, the greenhouse would have charcoal filtered the air... sorry."
    Sure thing. I'll be glad to send you some. Too bad I can't bag up the smell for you from my flower this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for my ignorance. But what are carrion flowers? I can surmise from the name carrion do they smell like rotting flesh or something?
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your guess is correct.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast