Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm so sad:o(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I brought my rats out to play and I noticed that one of my older ones was dragging his hind feet.He looks paralized from the waste down.It's 12am here and I dunno what to do,I really don't want him to suffer.I tried giving him some yummy treats but he didn't take them(I didn't think he would)and when I touch his back he squeeks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I dunno what to do,I'm just so sad [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch, that hurts bad. I remember my Vietnamese Calote (lizard), I named him Psycho. His head could turn blue whenever he was unhappy, so i could help him. Well, one day i found him lying at the bottom of the cage (which was unusual as he was arboreal), with, a blue head. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was he dead or just unhappy?*Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm thats no good, I remember I had a rat, names Alice, she got really old (4 years, thats old for a ratty) and she did something similar. I think I remember something about spinal degredation with age. That was years ago, after she passed I never got another rat
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Trapper, I wish I knew of a humane way to end the suffering for your pet (or rather cure it!) with fish, you put them in a bowl of water, they simply fall asleep and never wake up. I doubt that would work with a rat though.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you might still be able to save him, take him to the vet
    If the vet then says that he cant be cured then perhaps the best thing to do is put him to sleep
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your sick rat. I have a cat with cancer and she is dwindling away. My criteria for taking pets to have them euthanized is when you know they are critically ill and they stop eating and drinking. Getting your vets assurance is also a good idea.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your rat. My daughter's rat died about a year ago after a good long life (for rats), but he had developed a horrible tumor that was the cause of his death. I did take him to the vet, but was told that there was nothing that could be done (and that the tumors are common for older rats). The vet said that he was not suffering and might as well stay home until the end, which came a few days later. I felt sorry for my daughter because the rat did look as if it was suffering and she was very upset. The tumor was huge and completely covered half of his mouth.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast