What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 06 2005,7:49)]Ok what's up with my smilies?I'm replying in this "Quick Reply"and some of my smilies show up,some don't.Why?They always all show up when I "add a reply"*Niki*
The "Quick Reply" doesn't insert a space in front of the symbol for the smilies, so they are placed right up against a word and don't work. Just put a space between the smilie symbol and the word to get the smilie picture when you post your reply. Example: "Smile:)" --> Put a space between the "e" and the : to get "Smile
smile.gif
"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 06 2005,11:34)]How can you cut yourself with safety scissors?? :pHow old is your daughter,if you don't mind me asking? *Niki*
Like Kate said, "I can't tell you how.." It's a mysery to all how she can do that. And she's 14.
confused.gif

I'm in Vancouver.Why does it sound like I'm from the Island?One time(at band camp,lol...no just kidding)I was swimming and my nose began to bleed.It bled for over an hour non stop,so my parents took me to the hospital.Turns out it was broken.Now explain that!!I was just swimming.No one hit me or nothing!That was weird
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

A long, long time ago...I worked as an advanced sales rep for Cutco knives. For you Simpsons fans, they did a parody and called it "Slashco." Anyway, the buggers are really as sharp as you can imagine. I was polishing my knives in preparation for a presentation I had the next morning. I KNEW how sharp they were, and took care to pay attention and not cut myself. Apparently, I wasn't paying enough attention! I finished my last knife, got up, and started walking downstairs for a snack. My hand felt a little warm. I ignored it. Then my mom sees me in the hall and starts making a frantic fuss complete with stuttering and finger pointing...I look at my hand and notice that I've been dripping blood down my hand, to my fingertips - all over the carpet and down the hallway! It was a perfectly clean cut that didn't hurt, even after I started light compression. Healed nicely, too!

About 10 years ago I bought a ginsue ?sp? butcher knife. I had never really seen one up close so I opened it and looked at it when I got to my car. I put it down on my passenger seat and drove off. About a mile down the road I saw a hitchhicker. I pulled over to pick him up. I had the knife and some other things in the seat so I picked all of them up and put them in the back seat. When I did that the knife sliced my hand wide open. I grabbed the plastic bag that the knife came in and wraped it around my hand. The hitchhicker came up to the door and opened it, and there I was with my bloody hand in a plastic bag. You should have seen the look on his face.
I explained what happen and he seemed to believe me. I gave him a ride to his house. I have always wonder if he thought that maybe I was up to something but I cut myself with the knife before he got in the car.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 06 2005,7:13)]It was because if we guys cut our finger we wrap it with electrical tape and keep working. We don't make a big deal about it, unless there's a girl around we can get some sympathy from.
Ozzy, I use duct tape for everything!

I'm an electrician, so I have eletrical tape around most of the time.

Ah, I see. That makes sense. You REALLY thought Trapper was a guy? Wow, you're as bad as me. Remember when I thought Tamlin was a 25 year old Asian gal, whose father owned a greenhouse? Then there was thinking Spec was 31 and FTG 25. Then there was that one member that put his gender as female and another guy with that Maive avatar to confuse everybody. And that puts us back at 20-something year old Canadian gals, with 12 fingers!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Then there was that one member that put his gender as female
I remember that. Somebody asked everybody to say if they were male of female. Then some guy just said "Female
confused.gif
"

I think it might have been that same horses rear that keep making up april fool stories.

Do you remember when a bunch of us were teasing FTG about her gender? She couldn't post a pic and she kept asserting she was the #1 Kenny Chesney fan as proof.
smile_n_32.gif

Alright.. not to derail the trip down memory lane......
smile_n_32.gif
just kidding, go on guys.. just thought I would get back to the topic at hand (yes yes I know I'm a spoil sport).....

Anyway, not sure exactly what it was that made me think of the Island.. possibly the rain though I hear it's doing alot of raining everywhere in BC at the moment. I grew up just south of Nanaimo so the climate is VERY familiar
biggrin.gif

Heating your greenhouse in the winter is going to be a bit of a challenge. The heat lamp will work to an extent since it really doesn't get that cold however I keep thinking back to my fathers fish ponds while I was growing up. He used the exact same method to keep some of the surface open during the cold spells.. it worked, but only the spot directly under the light stayed open, the rest froze for several centimeters down. This has me thinking that the lamp may not be enough all the time esspecially given how thin the plastic on the greehouse is.

If you have a free spot inside it may be best to bring them in during the winter. Somewhere by a south facing window would still provide quite a bit of light that you can easily suppliment with artifical lighting.

Hope that helps.

All this talk of growing CP's in BC has me thinking. Planning to move back home (well not quite, Abbotsford area) in a year or so. I think I am going to have to include plans to add sunroom to the house buying budget... or maybe get lucky enough to find one already in existance.... hmmm....

Thanks for the info Maehem.I really don't know what i'll do in the winter then cause I have a really small house and this g-house won't fit inside
smile_h_32.gif
OMG Ozzy!!!Don't you know it's dangerous to pick up hitch-hikers!!!My mom's friend picked one up and he robbed her with a knife to her throat
smile_h_32.gif
SCARY! But it was funny how the guy looked at you before he got in the car.I'm not sure I would have gotten in the car with you.I probably would have thought that you just finished murdering your last hitch-hiker
smile_n_32.gif
But then again I wouldn't be hitch-hiking in the first place
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*<---I'm a GIRL people!!!
smile_n_32.gif

Sure you are! 'Niki' is short for Nicholas, right?
smile_m_32.gif
This is Flytrapgurl all over again!
smile_n_32.gif

You better watch it JimScott,or else I'm not gonna be your PM buddy no more
smile_n_32.gif
 My full first name is...you ready for this...Nikolett
confused.gif
 I hate it. But Niki is short for that,it's almost like Nicole,but I'm from Hungary and we don't have Nicoles,we have Nikoletts
smile_n_32.gif
 *Niki*

P.S~If anybody calles me by my real first name,they will be in BIG trouble!
mad.gif
*Niki*

Actually i thought you were a dude until like a week ago. Even guys spell their names creatively anymore so ya can't really tell by spellings. I also just noticed Maehem is a chick. Duh it says her name at the bottom but i don't usually look unless it's some drawn out speil at the bottom or something interesting. You never know cause some guys are sensitive/efeminate (sp?) so word play does'nt mean a whole lot there either.
I usually use duct tape cause it's what I have but I prefer electrical but I am in shorter supply of it so I need to conserve it. Employers always give me crap cause I wrap wounds in tape and continue. I thought it was me mostly cause I've had several guys make a fuss about hygeine of tape and cuts.

Does it make it ironic that a country named Hungary is located close to a country named Turkey?

Joe

I figured that trapper7 was a female when I looked at her profile.
smile_m_32.gif

See, I rarely check out profiles.

Joe

I do not most of the time but sometimes it is better then assuming...Especially if there name is Pat or Chris *no offense to anyone named that*. I am guessing you are a man.

Thank you Travis!!!
smile_n_32.gif
Superimposedhope,I actually thought you were a lady
laugh.gif
And do you know how many times I was teased and tormented about the fact that Turkey is close to Hungary??? So I'd rather not get into that,if you don't mind,lol
smile_n_32.gif
And all the kids kept asking me if I was hungry for turkey...HAHAHA FREAKIN HILLARIOUS!!! *Niki*

Yeah, if superimposedhope did not put Joe, I would assume a woman. You are welcome trapper7!
smile_n_32.gif
See I did not assume, unlike saying why do we need a conversation station when we have a general discussion forum.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Ooops..

Really? You though I was female? I actually thought I was goin out on a limb with the Turkey/Hungary thing. If it makes ya feel any better I used to get teased whether I am related to Mike. Since my last name is Hunt. Mike Hunt.............Get it? Yeah, I thought that was dumb.

Joe

Back