What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ouch!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Well I bought a small greenhouse thingy today,and I was gonna tell you guys how easy it was to assemble until I sliced my finger open with the screwdriver TWICE!Same darn finger too!So I had to stop putting it together and go to the hospital to get 8 stitches.5 in the first cut,then 3 in the other,lol.It really sucked.I had to wait 4 hours to get 8 darn stitches
confused.gif
So my dad finished putting together my cool greenhouse
smile.gif
It's exactly the same as CNCreefer's(He posted pics of his in the terrarium,bog,greenhouse thread)But now I gotta go buy some plants cause I don't have anything to put in it
smile_n_32.gif
So now I can buy a Nepenthes and put it in there
smile_m_32.gif
BTW it's gonna be kept outside.*Niki*
smile.gif
Oh one question,do CP's need SUNlight all the time cause right now it's really cloudy and raining so how can they get the light they need?

Niki, what are you doing to yourself!? This certainlyhasn't been a happy week for you. I hope that the new friends you have made (probably about 50 of them) will cheer you up.
smile.gif

Heat will be an issue in the winter for you Nikki. I assume you guys are still getting cold nights up in BC, so probably would be best to wait a few weeks until the temps get warmer.

Hi Nikki
Wow that is some bad luck.Have you thought about shade for the g/house as behind glass it gets mighty fierce in the summer.As Dustin said heating in winter to is needed,i dont know what your summer and winter high,s and lows are as im across the pond from you.
Let us know how it goes and what plants your going to choose,picking the plants for a new g/house is always the best bit
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now julian

Niki...always bear in mind that these plants grow outdoors in all kinds of conditions.  So as far as cloudy weather and rain, those are natural events they experience out in the wild.  But of course you do have to consider things like...if your area typically doesn't get a lot of sun and you want to grow a sun-loving plant, then you will need to supplement.

One of the best things you can do to determine a plants needs, is to do an internet search for the location a plant grows in natively.  Then look up the climate.  That will tell you how much rain they get or how much sun or what temperatures they experience.  That can help a lot.

**Research** is a great tool for growing CPs.  
smile.gif

And sorry about the finger...that sucks.
confused.gif

Definately need to get a duller screwdriver.

Careful girl, you only get one finger
smile_m_32.gif

I need to get one of those for some plants that like a little more humidity.

Take care
Joe

Oh I'm just really clumsy,I'll survive,but that's for the love:;): Chesara:It's not a glass greenhouse,it's basically a four level metal shelf with a plastic cover over it that has a big zipper opening in the front for the door.Thanks JimScott,I always get cheered up when I come here:) Darn I never thought about the heat issue in the winter??? So could I get a lamp and hook it up inside the greenhouse to keep some warmth in there?When I first started I got a really hot lamp and light bulb fit for a lizard,until you nice folks told me that I need fluorescent lights,so what if I used that hot bulb again for in the winter time?Nepenthes gracilis:It doesn't get cold here at night anymore.I can go outside in a t-shirt at 12am(cause my puppy needs to go out)and i'm not freezing or anything:) PlantAKiss:You're right,these plants do grow in the wild so the clouds and rain should be ok(even tho they'r covered)so they won't always get sunlight in the wild either,but you had a great idea about looking up on the internet what types of CP's grow where and such,so I will do that right after this post:) jhaluska:You're definetly right!That screwdriver was way too sharp!superimposedhope:I have ten fingers,I don't know about you:;): Just kidding:p I'll keep you guys posted in which plants I get,but if any of you have any suggestions on which plants like the humidity and such please let me know.I'm in zone 8
smile.gif
Bye for now.*Niki*

Oops,I meant THANKS for the love,not THATS for the love,LOL.*Niki*

One finger down, 9 more to go.
smile.gif

How do you know it isn't 11 to go?
laugh.gif

JimScott I'm not a mutant for goodness sake!!
smile_n_32.gif
And Ozzy,you sent me a PM saying that you read my "ouch" post and then realized that I was a girl(cause believe it or not you guys,this whole time Ozzy thought I was a GUY!!
smile_n_32.gif
)Ok so you realized that I was a girl just cause I cut my finger open with a screwdriver??Don't tell me guys don't have accidents too
smile_n_32.gif
Or was it cause I did it twice on the same finger?LMAO!*Niki*<---A GIRL!
smile_m_32.gif

It was because if we guys cut our finger we wrap it with electrical tape and keep working. We don't make a big deal about it, unless there's a girl around we can get some sympathy from.

HEY!You know what,After I cut myself the first time I just wrapped it up and kept working,after the second time,is when I stopped,so there!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

lol i thought u were a guy too. lol sry bout that.

Brad

lol. I think it's your name.
you remind me of my mom :p she can't slice bread without cutting herself LOL.
one time she was in a party and she sliced off about mm of her finger :p she said there was a piece of skin on the knife
EEEWWW!
it wasn't that much though. it grew back.

TheAlphaWolf,that IS gross:p I did that once,but it was with a cheese grater.There was a piece of my skin left in the grater,it really grossed me out,lol.If I had CP's then I probably would have fed it to one of my VFT's:p I think this forum is a bad influence on me,cause I would have never said that before,I only said it cause someone on here did that experiment with his foot skin,LOL.*Niki*
smile_m_32.gif

Ok what's up with my smilies?I'm replying in this "Quick Reply"and some of my smilies show up,some don't.Why?They always all show up when I "add a reply"*Niki*

I have to watch my daughter when she uses scissors. She cuts herself with them somehow. She has even cut herself with safety scissors. However she has never cut herself with a knife. Truely a strange child.

How can you cut yourself with safety scissors?? :pHow old is your daughter,if you don't mind me asking? *Niki*

Well I have cut myself with safety scissors... and no, I stil can't tell you how I did it.. can't tell you why I stub my toe to many times to count in a day either.. nor how I broke my foot standing up off the couch.. it happens :p

Anyway, Niki what part of BC are you in cause to me it's sounding alot like the Island.

Back