What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JUST A TICKLER...

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi everybody

I just wanted to put out an advance notice that there will be another Benefit Auction for NASC (North American Sarracenia Conservancy) coming up soon.

We are checking on various issues including Phil's time and schedule so we don't know exactly when yet. Some time in May I'm pretty sure.

So be thinking about anything you'd like to donate. And please remember this is about DONATING more than it is getting stuff. What you actually receive from the auction is just the gravy. The real "meat" is knowing you are helping out a fledgling organization for a good cause.

Donations can be ANYTHING at all...doesn't have to be plant or CP related. Anything you think will bring a little money in. Even just a few dollars adds up.

So put on your thinking caps and check your spare plants.

And just a note: unfortunately shipping to foreign countries will be up to the discretion of the the donor and all CITES/Phyto rules must be adhered to.

More specific information will be posted soon!! So stay tuned!

Thanks folks!
smile.gif

Sounds great! I do have a few extra plants that I can donate away...
smile.gif

Tickle me some [el] mo'.

Thanks Travis. That would be great.
smile.gif

OK PAKelmo, I hope you're ready to be tickled pink (or yellow)!!! You said non-cp items are OK, right???

Well, I had to think really hard about this. Some of you guys saw my amber topic, right? I'm giving one of my nicest pieces up.

Now this kind of pains me because I only recently started collecting these, and they're not cheap, but you'll be getting a beauty most likely for far less than what you would pay retail. In other words, far less than what I forked out!!!

Now, I do not have a picture of this, and amber is hard to photograph well, but in a future post, I will describe it. And then when the bidding starts, I'll point you to comparable pieces on Ebay that will not be as nice as what I'm donating.

If you want to own a really, really nice piece of amber, and save CPs, now is your chance!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ April 06 2005,11:40)]You're a good man JBL.
smile.gif

*DROOL*
biggrin.gif
You could easily be the better man! I don't see why this can't be shipped overseas.
smile.gif

Jason...I'm gonna fight you for it!  Hehehe  
smile.gif

I just shipped to Jason for about...gee...what was it...$1.85??

man! the agony! I owe my mom about 90 bucks for the greenhouse, dang! Just knowing that theres so many nic ethings coming up for sale, it pains me
smile_n_32.gif
anyways, I have a definately divisible readii x moorei that has abseloutly gorgeous pitchers! sadly the seed I was planning on donating to the NASC went to waste, while i was gone in denver my bro accidentally let my plants dry out, no casualties, looks like everything should come back, but ony one flower survived out of all 14, my oreo, oh well I'll still ahve a few nice seeds available for some new growers

i might have some plants and seeds available. have a few late trades that may or may not go down. we'll see. i'll also comb my house for anything else that may bring in a few $$.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]man! the agony! I owe my mom about 90 bucks for the greenhouse, dang!

Only 90 bucks, Kirk?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i might have some plants and seeds available. have a few late trades that may or may not go down. we'll see. i'll also comb my house for anything else that may bring in a few $$.

"Anything can be auctioned* - Not excluding any large items (eg. sofas, fans and mirrors)
smile_n_32.gif
One word of notice - be careful about shipping significantly large/heavy items because the price of shipping once you get out of the "lightweight" range can skyrocket. Last auction I wanted to bid on a (cloning or some areoponic machine), until I found out that the price of shipping was enough to bankrupt me for a few months. Ouch...good thing I was outbidded, too.
smile.gif

Anyone remember the time someone shipped a 80 ounce box of coins to casper as payment? Couldn't help laughing...
laugh.gif

Jason

Ohhhh yeaaah...I remember that thing about the coins. LOL Poor Casper. hehe

Well, I'm glad y'all are thinking. We are waiting for the word on a date for it. We need Phil to set it up.

Just more time for plants to wake up and grow.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ April 08 2005,1:39)]"Anything can be auctioned* - Not excluding any large items (eg. sofas, fans and mirrors)
smile_n_32.gif
One word of notice - be careful about shipping significantly large/heavy items because the price of shipping once you get out of the "lightweight" range can skyrocket. Last auction I wanted to bid on a (cloning or some areoponic machine), until I found out that the price of shipping was enough to bankrupt me for a few months. Ouch...good thing I was outbidded, too.
smile.gif
my mom and I are selling them for the guy who invented aeroponics, me thim at the denver flower show, if we sell 2 we get one for free

Mo' tickling! Auction date to be determined but its coming! Have patience. Be THINKING. The more items listed, the more fun it will be.
smile.gif
Its for a great cause!
smile.gif

Back