Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 10 2005,12:53)]JBL,
    AW is right, it is just an intentional misspell of my name - it too is evolving. It started as lowercase correctly spelled and has changed a couple times since. THE MOTH IS SPREADING ITS WINGS!

Joe
    Ah, that wasn't me (JBL) commenting on the spelling. I would never comment about that for someone who screams "THE MOTH IS SPREADING ITS WINGS"--reminds me too much of a book and movie... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see why u go through such a big trouble. Lichen are sensetive to air polution blah blah...

In my opinion the easiest way to get lichen in your outdoor landscape is to plant certain trees of wich's bark lichen seem expecialy fond of. Our native Yellowwood (Cladrastis kentukea, syn. C. lutea) bark in particular is smooth and very often coverd with attractive lichens, on both planted and wild specimens. Some lichen on that bark i have seen nowhere else. Also zone 7 south i frewuently see lots of lichens on sweetleaf trees also. The sprice/fir forests of the appalacians contain many rare lichen and moss species that grow only on those trees, along with endangerd insects like the spruce-fir moss spider (a close reltive of the tarantula) that live amoungstthe lichen. If u ever visit those areas leave them be but they are very interesting

Only two populations left Info on this very rare creature

A specimen of the uncommon yellowood in bloom
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One lichen around here is cool. it's blue green and looks like a beard or a weird tillandsia. theres tons of it and it can get pretty big (long)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's not spanish moss is it? (spanish moss isn't moss....nor lichen. it's a tillandsia)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably old man's beard lichen
    that makes no logic

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not putting it outside. It is going in a terrarium. Also I try my best to put together correctly symbiotic organisms, since I am in NE and the ones i am looking for would mostly be S. American it presents a problem since many thing from down there are so common that many think nopthing of them and certainly there is no trade on them. I really do try my best to be correct for projects like this but sometimes I must settle for things that are similar but not geographically correct per say. I did however snag some local scale lichen from a maple up the street. Omaha seems to be lacking many biological natives within the city limits. The Grey tree frog for example. Anyway I am trying my best to put this together biologically, ecologically and geographically as correct as possible for a guy in NE.

Thanks for the links guys,
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got plenty of lichens growing on my shed roof. Want some? free! Dh blasts them off with the hose a couple of times a year. april
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123