Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yay

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know to most people it sounds pretty boring but..........
    I finally found a retailer of live lichens. Not the dried/dyed crap and not reindeer moss (a lichen). It's a place that sells science kits on a college level. They also sell various Bacterias, Fungi, Algaes, Protazoas, Euglenas, Amoebas. This all ties into my chamber I am still working on.

Swords,
    Man, the scale/crust lichens are a pain to establish. I am working on putting together the Algaes and Fungi to form their own Lichens in my chamber as their symbiosis instead of boughten "samples". A most complex undertaking for a chamber but I insist this will be a masterpeice and totally self sufficient by the time all is established. If anyone has any info on this or where to find these materials or anything relevant to this, it would be much appreciated.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I'm glad you found what you were looking for:: *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yay!

though I would like to lodge a complaint about your sig.... everytime I see neon green now I hear Kenny Rodgers!

(I'm joking, I'm joking! though I have my mother singing it now too!) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, it's a good song and it is a life lesson. Neon green, black and reflective material (chrome, silver, etc...) are my favorite colors. Are you telling me you think of me? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] ( Now I'm kidding)

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your neon green siggy says "SUPER IMPOSED HOP3", what does that mean exactly?

Also, what's the URL of the site that sells lichens?

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]They also sell various Bacterias, Fungi, Algaes, Protazoas, Euglenas, Amoebas. This all ties into my chamber I am still working on.
    AAAaaahhhh!
    the horror! lol I'm kind of a grammar/spelling freak...
    fungi, bacteria, and algae are all plural. fungus, bacterium, and alga are the singular.
    and I think it should be protozoans and euglena. I'm not sure what the singular for euglena is... and it's amoebae
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Your neon green siggy says "SUPER IMPOSED HOP3", what does that mean exactly?
    it says SUPERiMPOSEDHOPE. (know how some people write the E like a backwards 3?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Joe,
    I saw a book in Borders today--up your alley, I think. You probably know about it or have it, but for others it is:
    'Moss Gardening: Including Lichens, Liverworts and Other Miniatures', by George Schenk. It seemed like a decent book, but I have no idea really.
    Joe
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh... I haven't read the whole handbook and frankly I don't even remember what it says but when I used to be really into byrophytes (I go through cycles [yeah yeah... ha ha so funny] about what i'm obssesed about. it has to do a lot with seasons... byrophytes, flowers, moths, butterflies, microscopy, passionflowers, etc... it's fun [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]. *sigh*... I love nature.)
    I've grown some mosses, liverworts, and I think one hornwort but I was never sure if it was or not. kind of weird. some of them even grew gametophytes [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I also had some ferns in there and even some millipedes, a frog, wild violets, spiders, etc... it was really cool. kind of like a mini world in a plastic box.
    umm.. yeah so anyway...
    main site
    you can go there and then go to resources, downloads, moss grower's handbook. I don't know... you might like it. If I remember right then there are also some pictures and other stuff.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast