Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botany for dummies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

thanks a million for all the great tips! I'll peruse y'all's suggestions and will come back with a decision.

Most probably, I'll start with buying the Nabor, and darn the torpedoes... (meaning: I'll have to live on boiled rice with soy sauce for six months, but that's the price for knowledge, I guess [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you reading away these days while munching on boiled rice with soy sauce? Just teasing with you but which publication did you ultimately decide to purchase?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I hope it serves you well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ May 03 2005,6:15)]Are you reading away these days while munching on boiled rice with soy sauce? Just teasing with you but which publication did you ultimately decide to purchase?
    Hi Laura and Treaqum,

actually, after purchasing the Nabors at alibris.com for the LOWLOWLOW price of 78 bucks Yoo-Ess, I found I could even afford half a spring onion per day in my rice! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

The book hasn't arrived yet, however, thank you 4235923 million times again for pointing me in that direction - I've also bought tons of other books at Alibris already. What a bargain bin! What a treasure chest! I'm a sucker for books about the plant hunters of old (Low, Hooker et al.), and there's lots of out-of-print stuff to be had...

Hans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you Hans! So glad you were able to add a spring onion to the diet with the money savings.

Misery loves company. I just picked up a few publications myself. It's a sickness you know. Us book people need professional help. Now you'll have to critique the book after you read it and let us know if it was worth the dietary sacrifices you made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Critique the book.....hmm....okay! Not a bad idea, actually, maybe helpful for other bookaholics round these parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you received the book and read it? Would love to know what you thought of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12