Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My ram got stolen last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup scott, you got the acronym right.

I have more info today. Apparently, because my vehicle was stolen from inside a business, the case is being handled by burglary, not stolen vehicles. I called the impound lot up again and talked to someone who finally sounded like they were not 5 cylinders short of a V6, and found out that the detective can WAIVE the impound charges, all I will be accountable for is towing.

So, I called up the detective, and talked to him, and he basically acted like he wasn't aware of that policy (probably because he doesn't deal with auto theft on a daily basis). He is trying to coordinate the release, and waiving of fines right now. I am pretty relieved over this, and I hope he comes through for me.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool sounds like a simple mix up more than a delibrate thing. very cool. glad its working out.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awful thng to have happen that totally sucks. The worst things ever etolen from me was... not mucth, but you have my sympathy
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh, Ram, been there! I'm so sorry...that's what they do in Chicago!

Our band van was stolen. It was recovered 2 weeks later by the Po-lice, and towed to the city pound. The pound took their time about calling the owner of the van to tell him it had been found. He had to pay about $1.5K to get it out of the pound. So, you're victimised twice..once by the thieves, and again by the city. What a bunch of poop!

Please do engage in your letter writing/media campaign! If you yell loud enough...you will get some action, as the city gov't doesn't want to be made to look too bad. Good luck! April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definately not a mixup, this is standard practice!

HOWEVER!!!!!

I just got off the phone with the rather AWESOME Detective MARPO, and he has arranged that ALL FEES have been waived! YAY!
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on my way down to get the truck now (After 2 hours of being on the phone w/ people!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad things are working out now and you do not have to folk out money. Hope your truck is still in one peace.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it ram. You're fourtunate, my drummers D. durango subs. V6 variation (white), pingman has taught me well [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img], was stolen out of his apartment complex. Two day later the police found only the back part of the carrage, and not a scratch on the paint. This was in South Houston,TX.
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast