Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My ram got stolen last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK,

Got down to the impound lot a little after 4 (long drive, had to stop and get cash JUST IN CASE, and pick up the title on the way down there to show proof of ownership.)

The wrecker arrived before I could go down and inspect the vehicle, and they would only allow one of us on the lot at a time, so I let him grab it, and I followed him back to the shop. Once there I did my inspection, here is where the Ram stands now:

Front Seats Removed
    All interior lighst smashed
    Cigarette lighters stolen
    Ashtray Stolen
    Jack and related equipment stolen
    Heavy Duty Trailer Hitch stolen
    DC Tire Air Pump Stolen
    DC 1 Million Candle Lamp Stolen
    AC/DC Converter Stolen
    400 CD's and the 2 CD Wallets they were in = Stolen
    there are scratches all over the outside of the truck, so it will have to be repainted
    Tailgate - Stolen

Suprisingly, they left all the tires, didn't touch the stereo, and left the checkbook and debit card that were in the drivers side cubby alone (probably didn't see it)

The insurance adjuster will be out to inspect the truck tomorrow.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it could have been worst [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] ? That is a bummer. At least they did not take your check book and debit card.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack! Ram, sorry about all this crap! What a rotten thing to have happen. Well, at least you got the fees waived, and insurance should cover the rest, but that really doesn't make up for the agrevation.

Buzz kill!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right schloaty, it was an ABSOLUTE buzz kill! funny development, a local new station ran a story on this tonight! not about me, but on the situation in general, the city is going to take a lot of bad press over it I think.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about the truck. You might want to cancel the debit card and checks. Even if they left them in the truck, they still have your info and might have used the card.

My friend left her gas card in her car (specifically to spite her mom who told her to remove it) while the dealer repaired it. Some punks at the dealership rang up all of their personal gas charges on it and then put the card back in the cubbyhole when she picked up her vehicle so that it wouldn't look like it was stolen.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man.. I am so sorry for your loss (truck person here).

You know what? I thought you meant computer RAM when I first saw this thread, not a Ram. I spend too much time on the computer. Seriously.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 13 2005,3:02)]definately not a mixup, this is standard practice!
    Glad it worked out for you. But are you saying the default in such a situation is that the victim pays these costs, unless the whim of the detective is to let you off the hook?

What if they later caught the guy who stole it? Would they extract the relevant fees from him, and reimburse you?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RamPuppy @ April 13 2005,10:08)]400 CD's and the 2 CD Wallets they were in = Stolen
    I don't carry any original CDs in my car; I make a copy, and keep that in the car. If it gets lost or stolen, no big deal.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast