Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When does life truly begin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still don't agree. say you have a tapeworm. is it part of you? it can't live outside of your body. is it not alive?
    same thing with fetuses. They have their own hearts and lungs etc. I definately think they're alive.
    (ROFLMAO... me comparing babies to parasites...
    well, they are! they're nutrient sucking, oxygen absorbing organisms that grow inside you and stuff.)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ April 11 2005,10:45)]still don't agree. say you have a tapeworm. is it part of you? it can't live outside of your body. is it not alive?
    same thing with fetuses. They have their own hearts and lungs etc. I definately think they're alive.
    thats a parasitic organism. it can't live without being inside someone so thats not something you should use to compare. a 3 month old fetus out of the womb isn't alive and will die. i don't know if at early stages, it can even be called an organism since early on some organs haven't even formed yet.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Quote[/b] ]My personal belief: A fetus, at any stage, is a GENETICALLY independent organism, it has it's own identity through that DNA, and is therefore a seperate life.
    Kind of like a seed? Can fetuses be at any stage considerd 'dormant'? humm
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]thats a parasitic organism. it can't live without being inside someone so thats not something you should use to compare. a 3 month old fetus out of the womb isn't alive and will die. i don't know if at early stages, it can even be called an organism since early on some organs haven't even formed yet.
    that's my point. neither fetuses nor parasites can live outside of their hosts, yet they're alive. If you want to say fetuses aren't alive, you'll have to choose another reason :P.
    and true... the organs may not be formed... but let's say you have frog eggs. are they alive? they're just a ball of cells but I consider them alive.
    so basically early fetuses are like parasitic frog eggs. LOL
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK folks. Its fine if you want to debate/discuss this issue. But...please remember this is about personal beliefs and opinions. Keep it about your own feelings and not about convincing someone to change theirs. If you can't keep it civil and respectful, this will be shut down.

That said...In my OPINION...abortion is a very deeply personal issue...not a legal one. Its not one that should be legislated by politicians who may follow a particular religion (i.e. Christian) which will force their personal beliefs on people of other faiths and belief systems. Its a difficult and painful decision to be made between the father and mother as well as family, medical and religious advisors when desired as additional consults.

Although personally I don't go for late term abortions, it should be up to the mother to decide if she wants to carry a child or not. People don't realize that even in modern times, child-bearing carries a fairly high mortality risk. Women should be able to decide if they want that risk or not. I also believe that babies have a right to be born to a parent or parents that truly WANT them. Although adoption is an option, too many people who don't really want to have a baby end up keeping them because of societal pressures. It is a supreme act of love to give up a child to someone who can offer him/her a better life.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally do not care what people do...I have enough to deal with, then argue over someone that I do not know. You are pro life? Great! You are pro choice? Great! It is all about your religious beliefs/family beliefs passed down. I am not to say what is right...I just keep this in the family, beyound that I really could careless what someone does in Buckwheat, Michigan or any other place.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in it.I had to have one 3 years ago.I was raped and unfortunetly I got pregnant,and I really didn't think it was right to keep the baby.Another reason was because I'm on a seizure medication,and if you're on this certain medication,it's illegal to have a baby cause it will be deformed or mentally handicapped or something terrible like that.So anywho,yeah I believe in it.*Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ April 11 2005,10:37)]what does "wdesirt" mean?
    Where
    Does
    Everyone
    Stand
    In
    Regards
    To

Holy crap! Niki, you're serious? I definitely agree that if the person was inpregnated against their will, it is their right to have an abortion no matter what any future law may say.

I think that early term abortions are the best time to do it if at all. Later term abortions are kind of iffy. I'm no doctor, but it it's 8 or almost 9 months, then i think the baby can actually survive the abortion. After the first kick, then i'd say it's not quite right, it has enough mental power to do that. I still hold fast to my opinon that true life only begins at birth because the fetus is completely reliant on the mother for anything and everything. Parasites like tapeworms can move around the body freely, and feed themselves, and breathe through whatever means they have on their own. The umbilical cord delivers all needs to the baby.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast