Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When does life truly begin?

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Yeah unfortunetly I'm serious,but it's ok I got(and still getting)professional help for it.Anyways,when I called the clinic where I was gonna get my abortion they said that I had to be AT LEAST 7 weeks pregnant before I was allowed to get the abortion.It was weird,I thought you would be able to get it as soon as you found out.They also said that here(Canada)you can't get an abortion after 3 and a half months,so I don't understand how some people can get one at 8 months! I think that's WAY too late,and if you waited that long then you might as well have it and think about giving it up for adoption instead.*Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ April 11 2005,9:54)]Well? Where does everyone stand in regards to (wdesirt) abortion? I think that life only truly begins when the new organism is self sufficient enough to breathe on it's own. This would make life truly begin at birth, there for dispelling the theory that abortion is murder.

What is everyone else's thoughts to this?
    You really want a flamewar, don't you?

Go to www.iidb.org to discuss this if you want a meaningful debate.

That said, I'm an atheist, and it is alive at conception. Look it up in a biology textbook. But that's not the relevant criterion. For me, the relevant criterion is, at what point does this fetus develop self-awareness, consciousness, identity? That is when it becomes a human life. It clearly happens at some point in time after conception, and before birth. Probably sometime towards the end of the 2nd trimester or beginning of the third.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have to admit, I am in a pretty bad mood today. My earlier response I normally wouldn't of made (not that it is inflamatory). But I am really wondering about our policy to allow discussions like this to take place here... it's only a matter of time before it blows up in our face... and honestly, this is one of those discussions that is so 'charged' no good can come from it.

BTW, your definition for parasitic does not match, a parasite is detrimental to the host. What you are describing, is one way symbiosis (not the proper term for it, but I am to tired and grumpy to go look.)
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fetus and a parasite ? Thats why I am stayin out of this crap. Godless children telling people "how it is"

$uper!mposedhop3
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

What do you mean by godless children?*Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

yeah the godless comment, Im an atheist i dont know what it was supposed to mean but perhaps the "brainless" child you were refering to (dont know who it was) has frustrated you enough to say things that might bother some of us on the sidelines. I wont take it personal though i know you didnt mean me, haha or any other of us heathens except for the specific one you were refering too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    Im a terible speeler, but I are collage stodint.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicuris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering as I was reading whether or not I had a real opinion either way that I could share here... then saw Ram and Niki's posts, and now I feel like I haven't 'earned' a position on it. I'd just be making noise, I think. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast