Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I think people get a little overly sensitive. There are times I'm sure when most of us think "this is ridiculous... I'm leaving". I have certainly felt that way but I have to put things in perspective... it's just not that important. All in all I like it here and as frustrating as it is to see people go they have made a choice. I certainly will miss the opinions and advice of the "wise ones".
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just remember one thing. text has no emotion attatched to it. so no matter what the subject, and no matter what manner it is meant in, it can be taken the wrong way. so, be careful on what you type out, and think it through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have said it many times, why have OT topics at all?
    isnt this supposed to be a carnivorous plants forum?
    why are we even discussing abortion or religion or stupid video games??
    IMO, this forum would be MUCH better off if all non-CP topics were eliminated..
    there are a billion gaming forums on the internet, and religion forums, and whatever forums, why do we need to discuss those things here??
    I say make this a CP-only forum..would be a HUGE improvement IMO..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or..better yet,
    maybe not an outright ban on ALL non-CP subjects,
    thats too extreme.
    because there is really nothing wrong with people discussing things about their lives, like RP's truck being stolen, or new jobs, or that kind of thing..
    those kinds of topics make this forum interesting!

how about just a ban on 3 topics.
    politics.
    religion.
    gaming.
    (I really have nothing against the gaming threads, I just ignore them, but they do tend to invite flaming, and I see no reason to have them here.)

any topic related to those 3 things will be deleted instantly.
    anything else is fair play.
    how about a poll on this and have the forum members vote?
    if the majority wants and welcomes such a change, then we could make it official.
    Mods will be free to instantly delete threads on those controversial topics..
    probably every thread that has ever been locked was because one of those 3 topics..why not just simply not have them here at all??
    would make this forum SO much nicer..
    thoughts?
    Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 12 2005,1:16)]I do not mean to toot my own horn but I am fed up with the over run of this place with non CP junk. General forumsis just that but as Ram recently mentioned, it seems there are things started for the intent purpose of arguement. Holding your own opinion is one thing but having a sig that insults those with religions is another entirely, Christian or otherwise. I don't have a chip on my shoulder against kids, I have a problem with loud mouth children that want to argue BS with and adults that don't wanna grow up.
    I totally agree. I had to take a couple months off during winter because it was so annoying. I hate politics and with the elections in Novemeber I felt I had to leave. I doubt if I could ever really leave for good *unless someone hits me with a rock and I totally forget about cp's when I wake up*. I have notice the past few years I have been here that these kinds of topics die during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. I hate to see you go, you seem like a very nice person. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanted to say in the kids defense that this is the general discussions section and the instructions are exactly "Open forum for any topics of conversation!" Maybe the mods should make a sticky banning certain subjects? i don't start the threads, i just respond in them and i don't find them annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] A fetus and a parasite ? Thats why I am stayin out of this crap. Godless children telling people "how it is"
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to see yah go Joe, see yah on your forums.

Phil and Mods do what ever you feel is nessisary, you wont ge a complaint from me. as long as ppl such as Pyro, Nep G, PAK, Copper and all those others who make this forum great continue to post, i will be here. i understand how Joe fels completly, a couple snot nosed brats almost ran me off a couple of times but the great ppl i have delt with on this forum made me want to tuff out the twerps. as to the political and religion type disscutions, i ignore them. thats why i missed Tonys leaving. after the first 3 posts i paid no attention to the thread. though i suppose in the next election year Bruce and I will be debating again [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all

Although I am very sorry SIH felt he had to leave (as well as make a public announcement about it), its his choice. Quite frankly I will never understand some people's need to publicly announce they're leaving. Just leave, contact Phil if you wish. Of course I would prefer he didn't leave but he has to do what's best for him.

For anyone else: There is a very simple solution. If you do not like what the Topic is about, you don't read it. You don't participate in it. Is this such a hard concept?

If you think the General Forum does not hold any topics that are of interest to you or you think its annoying, don't go there. Stick to the Forums that appeal to you.

If you want JUST plant talk...do the plant forums. If you want Community participation and chat...go to General. Any topics you might find offensive, stay away from them. Don't read them. Don't post to them. There are some who really enjoy a lively debate and there are some who find it annoying.

But the rule here is, no matter what or where you post, to keep things civil and respectful. Any topic, anywhere, will get shut down if it turns ugly.

YOU, the membership, are in total control of where a topic goes and if it stays "alive" or not. You know the rules. You know the consequences. Its in your hands. Simple as that.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast