Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK said:
    "For anyone else: There is a very simple solution. If you do not like what the Topic is about, you don't read it. You don't participate in it. Is this such a hard concept?"

Gosh, I was reading thru this about to say the same thing and here it is finally in the last post, lol. Pretty straight forward.
    Have we had a mass Exodus here? I have noticed(for example in the Nepenthes forum) that there are not many posts from some of the "Master Growers" like in the past. Ch'ien Lee has not posted in a long time, and Rob Cantley is slowing down. I think Jeff Shafer is too. Maybe it's coincidence, but I was curious.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (trainspotting @ April 12 2005,1:38)]Im a kid superimspossed and im sorry my brethren have driven another older, wiser mind away.
    my only sugestion is if you dont want kids giving you bs just ignore them, i'm sure youve noticed its the best way to really get them back. and i dont know who i stole this from but
    "dont argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance."

later man, Chris
    I think for most people it is hard ignoring BS. You do notice it, and it is common human interest to go "hey, what's this topic about?" and for some more than others it pisses them off when they see all the you know what.

This was his decision to leave, as with all the other people who have and will, and respect it we should. Goodbye Joe, see ya man. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The General Forums is the community life. And just like in a real-time community, there will be things you see that you don't like, things you hear you don't like and even people you meet you don't like. This is LIFE. Its not all fun and games and happiness ALLLLLL the time. People make mistakes; people get upset or mad; people have sad times and hardship. Its just easier to walk away from the not-so-pleasant things in an on-line community than it is a real-time community.

I don't use the word "real life" community because I belief this IS real life. Everyone here is a living, breathing and VERY real human being. We are simply separated by space. But brought together through this venue. We are all different and I think that's a blessing. But we all have a common love too--THE PLANTS. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] And that's what brings us together and holds us together.

Like any "relationship", there are rough spots. But by and large this is the nicest, best group o' folk you could ever hope to know. I feel honored to be affiliated with this group.

This forum is like a buffet. You pick and choose what you like. You leave the rest. You wouldn't go to a buffet and say "Well, I don't really like brussel sprouts but they LOOK good so I'll eat them." And then complain about how bad they taste!

I read topics I don't care for or am not interested in. But I rarely post to them.

I do respect SIH's choice to leave. I'm very sorry he made that choice...I'd rather he not. But neither do I want to force anyone to stay where they don't want to be.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok fellow netizens, since the topic is obviously swinging towards the appropriateness of topics, I am going to give you an update.

1) there are rules and mod policies posted in stickes at the top of general discussion, and they are generally ignored. If people had read them and lived by them, or simply remembered them lately, much of what happened in the last month would simply NOT have happened. So, we are going to work on taking some stickies down, we are also going to remove the ambiguity of some rules, and every mod and admin will have a link to those rules in their sig. That is in essence, as close to spamming something as you can get on these forums. When the rules go up, I think there will probably be a grace period of a couple weeks for everyone to adjust to it, and then a zero tolerance policy will be in effect for the usual stuff, and probably a 3 strikes policy for the little stuff.

Also, we are discussing the dissallowing of religion and politics threads, though none of us want to see breadth of conversation here narrowed, most of us I think feel it is past time for action like this. The decision is ultimately up to the owners... we will get backed to you.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only problem i forsee is how your going to define politics. thats a pretty broad topic depending on what you think politics are. alot of the view directly related to CP conservation are also directly related to politics and fall under the heading. anyways good luck and you wont hear complaints from me one way or another, just let me know when/if yah change the rules so i can read them.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't posted in the General Section area or even visit this area much for the obvious reasons. I just come to this forum to see if there are any new information about Cps, to see if I can offer advice or ask questions. Not for the gaming threads or anything else since none of that interests me and I tend to not like most of those heated subjects anyways.
    I know that once in a while I'll get carried away in certain areas but quickly learn that to say less is better, because most arguments go no where. I have to admit that I am annoyed alittle by some of the immaturity displayed by several people here, but I avoid them even though its hard to.

To solve the problems I really think that there should be a seperate thread for General Topics dealing with cp's and one for other things..
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of forums have a forum called general plant chat or general cp chat or general orchid chat, I think this would solve the problem we're having

and, I have just one thing to say to all this, just because kids here are young it does not mean we know nothing or havnt experienced any life whatsoever
    shame I encounter sexism on this forum, I thought it wouldnt happen here of all places
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument in the topic about me being banned from the computer was a legitimate argument, and superimposedhope knew I had a good argument against his, so he ignored me. People like him pass people like me off just because we're younger, assuming that we aren't credible just because we're younger and that we know nothing about life. It seems many people on here think I'm just an immature kid when I vent about my grandparents being @#$holes sometimes, and it's obviously because people think it's just my immature teenage opinion. Yeah, well, my 35-YEAR-OLD MOTHER will tell you exactly what I tell you about them. She was raised by them too and she'll tell you the same.

Just because me and other teenagers are younger than some people doesn't make us immature and doesn't mean that we're too young and inexperienced to present a good argument. And, quite frankly, if you shut out teenagers just because you think they're not credible or inexperienced because of their age, you're just as immature.

Thank you.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast