Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 12 2005,1:16)]I got alot goin for me FINALLY and I don't need this kind of "hobby". The hell with it!
    If he quit the hobby because of the topics in the General forum, I think it is pretty odd. Seems like he was ready to quit anyhow and just had a perfect excuse to do it. I love the hobby and I love the forums...sure there are times I get sick of it. Then I simply take a break. I agree, why go public with quitting. I do wish him the best of luck on his endeavors.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mm good point [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    that makes no logic

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna miss that crazy moth! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hay Hellz here,
    yamean jimscott, and i know what superimposed is kinda saying, but IMO, i wouldnt take it like that. like yall said, CPing is a great hobby, and i would just not go on the General forums.
    o, and lol, if you read this Superimposed, there were indeed "Exciting Possibilites", and im not saying i took them up or not, thats for you to ponder [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] namean?
    Hellz
    Nike SB is Bananas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am now just realizing we have lost Tony Paroubek? That is a shame. I am new, and am not qualified to comment other than that losing superimposedhope will be a shame also. The moderators are in the best position to determine what is best for all of us as they know the personalities involved and are stuck managing the behaviors. I thank every moderator for all that you do for us behind the scenes.

As far as Terra, I like the vast majority of the exchanges I see here. No, the gaming threads are not for me so I ignore them. If a thread appears to be going south, I get out or don't post at all. Regarding younger members, I've learned a considerable amount from several and I generally enjoy the intergenerational exchanges. There are many wetlands conservationists of all ages present as well as those who are frantically attempting to preserve threatened and endangered carnivorous plants. I like that. I get the opportunity to learn. I would hate to see any more of the brain trust exiting stage left though.

Why not just switch to a different CP forum and only come here when you absolutely have to? Thats what I did. There are other CP forums out there, lot of them with much more, eh, intellectual discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Lets be clear here, Joe may have had problems with Kids (I can't speak for him), but none of the other moderators do. Many of the actions we have taken that people don't like are done BECAUSE of kids, we are here to protect all members.

So Tanya, while what joe said may or may not have had anything to do with you, understand what comes out of this, is NOT just what happened here these last few days, it is something that has been brewing for a while, and is because of, and effects EVERYONE on the forum. I could care less how old you are, and I think most everyone feels the same.

As for defining politics, that is a VERY good point about CP and conservation politics, and we will take that into consideration when we write the rules up, VERY GOOD! THANK YOU! were not perfect (though we try to be as close to it as we can!)

Thanks for the understanding guys.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is still the tamest forum I'm on. If you ask me, the "controversial" discussions here are still a breath of fresh air when you take a look at what the rest of the internet usually has to offer.