What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only problem i forsee is how your going to define politics. thats a pretty broad topic depending on what you think politics are. alot of the view directly related to CP conservation are also directly related to politics and fall under the heading. anyways good luck and you wont hear complaints from me one way or another, just let me know when/if yah change the rules so i can read them.

I haven't posted in the General Section area or even visit this area much for the obvious reasons.  I just come to this forum to see if there are any new information about Cps, to see if I can offer advice or ask questions.  Not for the gaming threads or anything else since none of that interests me and I tend to not like most of those heated subjects anyways.
I know that once in a while I'll get carried away in certain areas but quickly learn that to say less is better, because most arguments go no where.  I have to admit that I am annoyed alittle by some of the immaturity displayed by several people here, but I avoid them even though its hard to.

To solve the problems I really think that there should be a seperate thread for General Topics dealing with cp's and one for other things..

Lots of forums have a forum called general plant chat or general cp chat or general orchid chat, I think this would solve the problem we're having

and, I have just one thing to say to all this, just because kids here are young it does not mean we know nothing or havnt experienced any life whatsoever
shame I encounter sexism on this forum, I thought it wouldnt happen here of all places

The argument in the topic about me being banned from the computer was a legitimate argument, and superimposedhope knew I had a good argument against his, so he ignored me. People like him pass people like me off just because we're younger, assuming that we aren't credible just because we're younger and that we know nothing about life. It seems many people on here think I'm just an immature kid when I vent about my grandparents being @#$holes sometimes, and it's obviously because people think it's just my immature teenage opinion. Yeah, well, my 35-YEAR-OLD MOTHER will tell you exactly what I tell you about them. She was raised by them too and she'll tell you the same.

Just because me and other teenagers are younger than some people doesn't make us immature and doesn't mean that we're too young and inexperienced to present a good argument. And, quite frankly, if you shut out teenagers just because you think they're not credible or inexperienced because of their age, you're just as immature.

Thank you.

My opinion:  Who cares?   Most of Superimposedhopes’ responses have been unnecessary AND derogatory.  It was he who was doing the arguing.  I actually asked one of the moderators to remove a thread I posted because his responses were belligerent, and the topic was just about terrarium lighting.  The TerraForums are meant for people of ALL ages, kids AND adults.  I will admit, I have read some topics that I did not like, but I did not reply to them.  Life is too short too deliberate over such petty issues.  PlantAKiss couldn’t have said it better:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If you think the General Forum does not hold any topics that are of interest to you or you think its annoying, don't go there.  Stick to the Forums that appeal to you.

he should do whatever makes him happy.

I totally agree, Frogger. That goes along with one of my many philosophies: If you don't like the show, change the channel.

hmmmm my opinions of Joe seem to be in the minority. hate to tell those of you who dont like him but his idea of giving out plants was actually about on par with Tamlin, Pyro, BobZ and other great members of this forum. most of you dont realize this because he wasnt heavily into CPs but in the plants he is into, some worth a good deal of money he freely GAVE AWAY extras he had. i am extreamly happy i can refer to him as a friend and thats as far as im going to go with it.

Well, I have to put in my two cents here. I'm not going to rant and rave forever because we've seen enough of that already and franky...I consider it a waste of my time. So yes, I don't read or post as much as I used to. But that's MY opinion, and MY decision.

I've been on the forums for awhile, and have noticed a bit of a change over the years. Despite age, topic, beliefs, etc., the tone of many posts has often shifted to the nastier side. I remember the #1 rule used to be RESPECT. I don't care about the age difference at all - there are great growers half my age, and those that only admit to being double. Everyone has something to say, so just do it with some forethought and respect. If you're making a joke, remember to indicate it with a hint or a smiley icon. Try to stay on topic, and if you want to change the subject, just create a new topic so people know what you're chatting about.

I know that most of the people here are honest, super-friendly, generous, and helpful folks. Let's keep it that way.  
smile.gif

i agree even in the reletevly short time i have been here the member dynamics has shifted greatly, and im not all to shure i like the changes. I read the cp topics but i am certainly no athority or have any idvice worth giving thats already been said.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I do not mean to toot my own horn but I am fed up with the over run of this place with non CP junk. General forumsis just that but as Ram recently mentioned, it seems there are things started for the intent purpose of arguement. Holding your own opinion is one thing but having a sig that insults those with religions is another entirely, Christian or otherwise. I don't have a chip on my shoulder against kids, I have a problem with loud mouth children that want to argue BS with and adults that don't wanna grow up.

Reluctatly i have to agree with you although i dont have a bad opinion of many members here the overall quality of discussion isnt what it used to be. because i dont have anything that i am willing to trade yet and will not accept any free plant material ,except perhaps in certain giveaways.

I must say that i, personally will be sad to sea you leave beause youve always been v am meber unafraqid to speak your mind and have added mutch to the diverity of this forum,

As of the olt timer growers, if they leave, what will this forum be? Will it revert back to a forum of people new to the hobby?

Hay, Hellz here,
awww man, Superimposed was really cool, i cant believe hes leaving
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

well, you do what you have to do, and if this is no longer in our hands... destiny is written in stone, plain for everyon to see it
my thanks to Superimposed for helping over the past year
Hellz

Well, I'm really sad to see Joe leave. Even though we didn't see eye to eye on some subjects, I still liked him, and I'm sad to see him leave.
From all the contacts I had with him he seemed to be a good guy.
I can't understand why some people can't just ignore things they don't like.
Hey Joe you better take care of that nepenthe I sent you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 12 2005,1:16)]I got alot goin for me FINALLY and I don't need this kind of "hobby". The hell with it!
If he quit the hobby because of the topics in the General forum, I think it is pretty odd. Seems like he was ready to quit anyhow and just had a perfect excuse to do it. I love the hobby and I love the forums...sure there are times I get sick of it. Then I simply take a break. I agree, why go public with quitting. I do wish him the best of luck on his endeavors.

mm good point
confused.gif

I'm gonna miss that crazy moth!
smile_m_32.gif

Hay Hellz here,
yamean jimscott, and i know what superimposed is kinda saying, but IMO, i wouldnt take it like that.  like yall said, CPing is a great hobby, and i would just not go on the General forums.
o, and lol, if you read this Superimposed, there were indeed "Exciting Possibilites", and im not saying i took them up or not, thats for you to ponder  
smile_m_32.gif
namean?
Hellz

I am now just realizing we have lost Tony Paroubek?  That is a shame. I am new, and am not qualified to comment other than that losing superimposedhope will be a shame also. The moderators are in the best position to determine what is best for all of us as they know the personalities involved and are stuck managing the behaviors.  I thank every moderator for all that you do for us behind the scenes.  

As far as Terra, I like the vast majority of the exchanges I see here.  No, the gaming threads are not for me so I ignore them. If a thread appears to be going south, I get out or don't post at all.  Regarding younger members, I've learned a considerable amount from several and I generally enjoy the intergenerational exchanges.  There are many wetlands conservationists of all ages present as well as those who are frantically attempting to preserve threatened and endangered carnivorous plants. I like that. I get the opportunity to learn. I would hate to see any more of the brain trust exiting stage left though.

Why not just switch to a different CP forum and only come here when you absolutely have to? Thats what I did. There are other CP forums out there, lot of them with much more, eh, intellectual discussion.

Ok Lets be clear here, Joe may have had problems with Kids (I can't speak for him), but none of the other moderators do. Many of the actions we have taken that people don't like are done BECAUSE of kids, we are here to protect all members.

So Tanya, while what joe said may or may not have had anything to do with you, understand what comes out of this, is NOT just what happened here these last few days, it is something that has been brewing for a while, and is because of, and effects EVERYONE on the forum. I could care less how old you are, and I think most everyone feels the same.

As for defining politics, that is a VERY good point about CP and conservation politics, and we will take that into consideration when we write the rules up, VERY GOOD! THANK YOU! were not perfect (though we try to be as close to it as we can!)

Thanks for the understanding guys.

This is still the tamest forum I'm on. If you ask me, the "controversial" discussions here are still a breath of fresh air when you take a look at what the rest of the internet usually has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back