User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok i'm bored, so here are some pictures..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Large pictures, load at your own risk. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_r_32.gif[/img]

Here is a Picture of a Great Blue Heron, Flying over the lake.
    Last Summer. This one hangs out in my yard every morning, atleast he did last summer.

This is one I took down the lake just after the first frost this past winter. Thaught the frost looked kewl on the trees.

Here are a few I took of a humming bird, that got trapped in my garage, and we found pretty much dead.. But we were able to get it back to healthy. It actually spent the night in my house. Released it in the morning once it had plenty of sugar water to drink.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Finally some pictures I took in New Mexico.

Doesn't really show in the picture but the column below is actually about 25 feet tall. Wish the guy wouldn't have ducked behind it when I took the picture. I wanted him in it for a size referance.

\"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] cool pics!! thanks for sharing. Do you live next to the lake?
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I live right on the lake.
    Well. Ok not on it. 100 feet from my backdoor is the water.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I so envy you!!!
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya, It's great. Tho I tend to slack off on everything, and end up fishing when I have so many other things I should be doing.

This is a picture taken from on my deck. Winter picture.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how'd you get it to sit on the stick? cool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was flying around in the garage and I couldn't get it to go out. A friend stopped by and we went out to the bar. When we came back it was passed out on top of a fishing pole. So passed out we couldn't even pull it off. I didn't try to pull that hard tho, didn't want to break it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] I put the fishing pole outside leaning against my car and went inside. Went out to check on it 10 minutes latter and it was flying around the garage again. It would fly for a bit and land on another fishing pole, fly for a bit back to the pole. So I put my hand where the pole was and it landed on my hand the next time. Carefully cupped it with my other hand and took it in the house. I had just mixed some food for in the feeder that day and had alittle left over that I had put into the refridgerator.
    I dipped my fingure into the food had a drop on the tip of my fingure put it close to the hummingbird and it would lick it off it was really cool. Feed it like that for probably a half hour. The whole time the thing was just sitting on my hand, wasn't even trying to fly away. After it started feeling better it would fly around the house and then land on my head. Feed it a bit more, this time I slowly kept putting my finger closer and closer to the cup of sugar water until it was drinking right from the cup. Let it sit on the cup all night. Went to bed, and in the morning we took it outside put it on the hummingbird feeder, it sat there and ate for a few minutes and took off.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast