Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer help for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you may or may not know I am organizing a book on Cps. My question is how do I inset pictures in the text without making the text only run along the bottom. I want the text to be beside the picture (See savage garden for instance). I could use a table but is there any other easy-er way?
    My CD-RW is being annoying. How do I delete one text file (on VFTs) to repalce it with another?
    Oh BTY for anyone involved in this the editors "magicly" dissappeared. So now I am editing. What joy. If anyone is interested in proof-reading about 400 pages over the course of a year and a half in 30 page segments please contact me.
    Tre Bond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use publisher, not sure what kind of software you are using? Publisher it is easier inserting pictures and text.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need to know what program you are using..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bud, are you using microsoft word? if so, just right click on the picture, click on the FORMAT PICTURE choice, and then click on the LAYOUT TAB and choose how you want text to flow around it. (It may be slightly different dependng on your version. I am using Office XP)

Now, as far as your CDRW is concerned, it may just be that your disk is getting old, they can only re-write so many times and it is never (in my experience) as many times as they say it is. I don't even use CDRW's anymore, I keep a copy of everything I want backed up on my hard drive, and just burn a new cd every time, since the 100 and 200 cound spindles cost as much as a 5 pack of cdrws. But, if that is not the case, pull everything back to your computer and make sure everything is up to date, and format the disk, and retry.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right Yes I am using Microsoft Word. On a xp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use insert picture then crop it. Although, I know that Word has some really annoying glitches sometimes. I suppose that is true with any software...Someone else with have to help you out *like Rampuppy*.
    -- Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunatly no picture choice. Under FORMAT I have paragraph, styles and formatting, autoformat, frames, theme, background, boarders and shading, collums, tabs, bullets and numbering, dropcap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to use Insert, Picture, From File. Then you find your picture on your computer, then load to Word. Once that is done, you can change the size and crop it to have it fit were you want it. Again I am not a Word person but it is like FrontPage some what.
    -- Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast