Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cp book being organised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we would need a ton more people aand quite a bit more technical. If you own "The Carnivorous Plants" or even "Insectivorous Plants" it would end up being somehting like that. ("The Carnivorous Plants" is not even readable). Although for the technical types words like stolons, and a decent description of the Utric trap at a cellular level was based on Darwin's works. Some other stuff will be along. But we do have quite a bit of info for the rest of the world dealing with cultivation and so on. Some sections of several genus are mostly the same but quite a bit of history is included in everything. Well I mean a paragraph or two when known. But that's just because some of us find it interesting and inspiring.

Would some-one mind telling me is U. negelcta the same as U. gibba?
    Tre

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the ICPS plant database:

N: +[Utricularia australis {R.Br.}]
    P: Prodr.Fl.Nov.Holl.:430 (1810)
    T: Tas., AU, R.Brown s.n. (BM)
    CLA: AST-SCR-LEN-UTR-UTR-UTR
    L: IE, GB, FR, ES, PT, BE, NL, DE, DK, NO, SE, FI, RU, PL, CZ, SK, HU, CH, IT, SI, HR, YU, RO, BG, TR, MA, DZ, MR, SD, CD, UG, KE, TZ, RW, ZM, ZA (Transvaal, Natal), IQ, IR, YE, AF, PK, IN, LK, MM, NP, BT, CN, TW, KP, KR, JP, ID (Sumatra, Java, N.Guin.), PH, AU, NZ

LFR:

2:
    Atlantic Europe
    149:
    ?New Zealand N South Is.

XN: (36, 38, 40) {Reese} ut [Utricularia neglecta {Lehm.}], 44 {Casper & Manitz}
    XNP: Ber.Dt.Bot.Ges.64:250 (1952), Feddes Repert.86:218 (1975)

So I'd say no, it's not the same as U. gibba
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have some pictures of Venus Fly Traps you could use. I have quite a few Drosera pictures that you could use as well. You mentioned that you already had some of them in the wild, but I have many nice closeups of the plants if you want to show that kind of picture as well.

If you are using word to put this book together, that is going to be quite the task........If you need a graphic designer to put the book together for you, I may be able to help, but I couldn't do it for free. That would be alot of hours on top of a job that I already put in alot of hours......and don't get paid for overtime work [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Let me know! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info. I could not remember.
    Word seems to be okay now. The only problem will be page numbers but I think that can be easily fixed. I have someone already who is looking at the layout and making sure it is readable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use any of my photos, if you want photos of one plant in partcular pm me, I can also contribute some info if you want
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12