Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cp book being organised

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Everyone,
    Here is my semi-monthly quest for more authors and photographers for the Cp book I am organizing. I would like to say that we have made remarkable progress. No-profit will be made but if the publisher (hopefully Timber Press) says one has to be made all money will go directly to the ICPS conservation effort to save CPs around the globe. You do get the pleasure of seeing your name and articles in print though. To date we have finished (minus adding photos):
    Pinguicula, thanks Eric
    D. binata
    Utric intro + some species
    Sarracenia (almost)
    VFTs
    Cephalotus
    Drosophyllum

If you want more info (list of topics maybe) or would like to join please email (Treaqum1@yahoo.com) or Pm me.
    Tre Bond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to offer the use of my photos in this book. Btw, who is writing it, or is this a collaboration effort?
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    collaboration

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any and all of my photos may be used in the book, though i would like it if you gave acknowledgement to the photographer. Tell me the name of it once it comes out, i want one!

What kind of articles do you need for the book? Care tips, or info on the plant such as how it got it's name, and other stuff?
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dude, i so want one when it comes out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, I'd love to do some photos for the book, but I don't have a wide variety of plants to photograph. Maybe I'll try with what I have and see if anything is worthwhile to you guys.

I'm going to check out a botanical garden soon that might have some nice CP's. Do I need permission from them to give you a photo I take of one of their plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Your photo. Just include what BG it came from. Cpers who see it will want to know. Yes accnoledgement will be given to the photographer.
    If you go on CPUK I don't know who said it but someone said it got fired from being published, which is totally wrong since I have not yet submitted it.
    We now have a larger section of Utrics done.
    Photos that are lacking are:
    Nepenthes
    Sarracenia
    Bromiliads
    VFTs are especially needed
    Heliamphora
    Anything in the wild has priority, just FYI. Actually nice looking plants have priority. If you send in a whole set of Exera moth damage only expect one or two to be put in. Robert Gibson gave me a very nice CD filled with Drosera in the Wild in Au. Unfortunatly not all photos can be published. If we did that we would have the pictoral encycopedia of Cps.
    Make sure the pictures you submit are yours not someone elses, fortunatly that was caught before.

Oh if anyone cares to proof read to make sure it's english let me know.
    Tre
    You can submit photos to Treaqum1@yahoo.com (please leave them in orignal format as we don't know how big they will be yet). Or you can mail a CD or disk to me. So pm me for my addy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ April 14 2005,9:40)]If we did that we would have the pictoral encycopedia of Cps.
    which I hope is the next project!
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast