Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Lying is the worst. IMO
    yup, I agree.
    Quote[/b] ]My mother was a master of corporal punishment...of the psychological kind. She almost never hit us...
    lol. I know I was spanked as a lil kid but it was so long ago and so few times that I don't remember a single time I was spanked. I was taught morals not dicipline.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ April 17 2005,4:05)]
    Quote[/b] ]Lying is the worst. IMO
    yup, I agree.
    Quote[/b] ]My mother was a master of corporal punishment...of the psychological kind. She almost never hit us...
    lol. I know I was spanked as a lil kid but it was so long ago and so few times that I don't remember a single time I was spanked. I was taught morals not dicipline.
    Morals and discipline go hand in hand.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well... my parents don't have to dicipline me because they taught me morals and they know i'll try to do the right thing without them having to punish me.
    Like just recently... I got *cough cough* somewhat bad grades (ok fine they were horrible...) and I didn't get punished or anything. Why? because she knows i'll try harder and stuff without she having to do anything to me.

although I guess you could teach morals through dicipline... I don't know.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh, that's never happened to me before! NOT! Seriously, humbly, go talk to your wife. Ask her how she feels it ought to have been handled. Seek forgiveness. See if your daughter is okay with you picking her up and holding her. Ask for forgiveness. It is better to have a healed relationship than to prove yourself right in less than black & white scenarios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one parent who spanked me, but also talked to me about things like I was a human being.

I had another parent who rarely spanked, but barked orders to me without explaining why these things had to be done, like training a pet.

I'm 10x closer now to the one who spanked.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys... lay off of SS. He said he spanked her, not beat her. I don't think it's wrong as long as it doesn't actually REALLY hurt the child. I was spanked when I was little for stuff. I don't think that was wrong, even though alot of the other stuff my grandparents do is wrong... but the spanking was OK. I never was really bothered by pain, so it's not like it scarred me for life.

If he had spanked her just for picking flowers without knowledge of it being wrong, then that would be wrong. But apparently she was told before not to do it, so she knew she wasn't supposed to, but she did it anyway. Then a spank isn't wrong. I guess I could apply what I know about horsemanship to this.. horses are exactly like small children. If they misbehave and you don't discipline them, then they know they got away with it and they'll do it again. If a horse kicks or bites at you, a smack is necessary and it's OK, because it's discipline.

My 25 cents. Now where's my soda?
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but she is only THREE

then agian i'm only 15 and not a parent, but still. my parents are the touchy-feely kind, so i guess thats the way I was raised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the spanking was fine...
    She was warned not to touch the plants and she did it and she lied. By spanking her you were being a parent. I'm tired of people who are trying to be their kids freinds you can't be a parent and a friend.
    Sturgeon's Law:
    "Nothing is always absolutely so".

http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102021

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast