Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: I am upset.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall refrain from commenting on this topic. Every time a topic like this arises, SOMEONE gets banned, i learned to sniff them out, and stay away from them. See you elsewhere.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the bottom line is this:

Spanking is a choice every parent makes wether to do or not. You are perfectly welcome to your your own beliefs on this, but you have no right to condemn Scott for choosing to spank his child.

I think he laid it out perfectly in his first post. She was aware of the consequences and did it anyway, he did not over react and leave bruises, he gave her 'love taps'. There is no question of abuse or beating here, the only thing that seems to be on almost everyones minds, is whether it is right or wrong to spank a 3 year old.

If you think it's wrong, that is fine, but don't go acting like Scott did something atrocious. That is simply judging him, which you don't have the right to do.
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sort of amazes me...

we look at spanking as a bad thing now.

HELLO! Has *ANYONE* Seen how young people act now adays?! Even my generation (late 20's early 30's) act like fools cuz they weren't whooped every once and a while.

It's part of the parental duty to make sure the kids learn right from wrong... otherwise you have a bunch of demons running around being obnoxious and breaking stuff.

Whether you believe in physical punnishment or not --- SOMETHING needs to be done (and usually, I might add, just the thought of my father whoopin' me with a belt was enough to make me shape up).

Kids are way over the line now adays In my opinion, large in part because parents are afraid or unwilling to physically spank their own kids! C'mon guys, it's HARDLY abuse when you're molding the life long behavior of your child.

You're doing them a favor!

Oh wait.. who was the person that hasn't ever been spanked? Bring it on... i have a HUGE wooden paddle for you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Phillip J. Crane
    Austin, TX

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was spanked plenty in my younger days... (I'm 25 now) I deserved every one of them. I have friends that were never spanked... And I can see where their actions would show this. I believe in spankings... And plan on doing it myself when nessasary. I would say I am a good guy now. And it had lots to do with the punishments of what I did.
    Andrew

P.S. I didn't read this whole topic..,. infact only the last 2 responses.. But this is my feeling on spankings. I'm sorry your VFTs flowers were picked. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] There will be another year. And with the spanking... I bet the flower all the way next year. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think of spanking as aversion therapy and a memory improvement. It worked that way for me. I was very averse to spankings, unless it was one of my brothers getting it[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_s_32.gif[/img], and it improved my memory on things not to do 100% .
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was caught smoking in the school restroom by a Jesuit Priest. No words. No muss. No fuss. An unannounced left to the solar plexus cured me and I never smoked again. Thank you Farther Kinser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya mean we can't beat'em wit sticks?? Well, there goes my hobby.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC