Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: I am upset.

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since the issue is not about spanking but whether you and your wife agree on the punnishment. I suppose I could suggest that you send your kid somewhere on a time out that is NOT her room or somewhere she will play, but before you send her let her know that you and mommy will be discussing punnishment. Let the kid stew while you and your wife agree whats propper. Its old fashioned but lets face it some of the good old fashioned punnishments have been lost thru time. This way your wife is included on the decissions of punnishment to save the peace in the house. Kids shouldnt have to hear mommy and daddy arguing over parenting problems it separates the household and taking sides on whos the good and bad parent takes place. Remember you and your wife are a team! You not consulting her has left her out of the decission making so that could be part of the reason she is angry.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!! unknownclown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing I can suggest. Kids love to pick flowers!!! they love to give them away to show you that they love you and its so adorable! who were they picking them for anyways?

Have you told them that the plants send up flowers because this is they way that plants make seed that eventually turn into babies? Kids so love babies Im sure thatll get their attention!

Since its still early in the year you could also get a bunch of sweet pea seed and have them make thier own flowers for picking. I love sweat peas cause they smell so nice, they are also very colorful for the kids and either they can string them up and learn how plants take work to grow or they can make great hanging plants.
    I am the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus!

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you a little story....
    When I was very small, I have always wnated to be a gardner on TV(and this is while I was living in Bosnia, meaning I was 7 and below) I also LOVED plants(and still do) and I also loved picking flowers. Whenever there was a pretty flower, on the balcony or by the roadside, Id pick it.
    Nothing on grandmas balcony could blooom properly without being picked.
    But one day that all changed.
    My stepdad came along, and I picked some lipa flowers(very beautiful tree which produces masses of fragrant flowers) and I went and showed it to him.
    He then said: "Did you know that that flower is dead?" And he explained why it was dead and wouldnt survive and all that, from that day on I have NEVER picked a single flower. EVER.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Travis @ April 18 2005,9:13)]That is because you listen to Motley Crue "Smoking in Boys Bathroom". [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    I remember the Brownsville Station version. It went to #3 in 1973, for all you Casey Casem fans out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ April 17 2005,6:33)]Oh, I know the kids are already OK.
    The daughter is the easy one. Keep us posted on the other one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 18 2005,8:48)]Ya mean we can't beat'em wit sticks?? Well, there goes my hobby.
    lol [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

i've never been spanked by my parents. (not to say they shouldn't have at times) my parents belive in rewarding me when i do something right, but once i do something wrong everything come tumbling down (every privelage except breathing, school and maybe eating (kidding)) is taken away. They work by the "more you give them the more they'll work to not disappoint you" way of thinking. Those are just my parents. I don't think scott did anything wrong, it's just his way (being a parent) to discipline his child. I don't think its abuse either.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're expecting too much from a 3-year old. They process things differently.

Now that you're aware of what can happen, make sure important blooms are safe by moving them. My daughter has always liked picking flowers and an orchid occasionally appeared in the bunches of flowers she'd give her mother. But, after the first time, the person who deserved punishment for one of the orchids being within her reach was me. Over the years I told her which flowers she could have or not have and, when she's uncertain, she asks. Now she can reach almost anything I can and never picks an orchid.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That proverb about, "spare the rod and spoil the child" doesn't necessarily mean breaking out a rod or a switch or a belt. The meaning behind it is that a parent NEEDS to do appropriate discipline and the child needs that appropriate discipline. Different things for different kids, though, as we all know that every kid is different.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast