Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back again

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time, but hopefully all the bad stuff is in the past it will be a speedy recovery ahead. Don't push it though...take it easy. Reeeeeeelaaaax!

Welcome back and best wishes! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo Hoo! Welcome back!
    Sorry you went through heck, but glad you've come out the other side.

Just remember....It builds character.
    Yeah, that's the ticket.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to have you back

Far too old to grow up now. Kate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back, good to hear that you are smiling again.
    I typo, therefore I edit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you're back but it's time to let others serve and protect YOU! You take it light and right!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rose -- Welcome back!

I didnt realise you were having health problems.

Please PM me if you lost any plants I might be able to replace, and I'll be happy to send you what I can.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what happened. I went in for a duel surgery. The muscle at the top of my stomach had to be rebuilt from other parts of my stomach and my esophagus was wrapped. It is surgery that is hard on the body, but was more so for me. You see, I have had some problems with anesthia in the past, but not serious. I just had a hard time waking and body parts were slow to respond. Time was much worse. When I left the hospital the first time I found that my stomach and bowels were not functioning. I tried to drink, but my stomach would not except it. The main problem with this is that the wrap keeps any thing from coming back up out of my stomach. This means that I had the dry heaves while the fluid remained in my stomach. I had to return to the hospital so that I would not tear out the stitches, starve or dehydrate. I was placed on ativan and comspine (something like that) and released in a couple of days. The medications did not work so they put me on more and readmitted me. This time for three days. Through out this I was not sleeping right, just a couple hours a night and becoming very anxious. I was released again and at least this time I could eat (very little) and my bowels slowly began to work. I still could not sleep. This went on for a few more days when I had a full anxiety attack that I could not stop. I had not slept for more than two hours a night for a couple of weeks and was taking in less than four hundred calories a day. Needless to say I was in bad shape. My husband and I tried to get help for the anxiety, which made everything worse, but no one would help. Neither of my doctors would help. I knew that I was in bad shape. I was becoming desperate. I had no solid footing and could not relax. I finally checked myself in to a hospital about 50 miles away. They helped. They told me that I had a reaction to the anesthia. It took me too low and I am lucky to be all right now. This, of course, was compunded by the lack of food and sleep. I will have to be on medication for quite awhile, but it is worth it. I feel much more like myself.

I promise to get through all the PMs and emails over the next couple of days.
    Lost plants do not seem to bad right now. I know I lost my pirahna, green dragon, rotundafolia, and brevifolias. Almost everything was dry, but I think they will pull through.

Thank you all for being my friends, especially the special few.
    Rose
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I just found out about this post now... I hope things get much better for you. Hope you feel better soon!
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast