What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back again

Glad to hear you're back but it's time to let others serve and protect YOU! You take it light and right!

Hey Rose -- Welcome back!

I didnt realise you were having health problems.

Please PM me if you lost any plants I might be able to replace, and I'll be happy to send you what I can.

This is what happened.  I went in for a duel surgery.  The muscle at the top of my stomach had to be rebuilt from other parts of my stomach and my esophagus was wrapped.  It is surgery that is hard on the body, but was more so for me.  You see, I have had some problems with anesthia in the past, but not serious. I just had a hard time waking and body parts were slow to respond.  Time was much worse.  When I left the hospital the first time I found that my stomach and bowels were not functioning.  I tried to drink, but my stomach would not except it.  The main problem with this is that the wrap keeps any thing from coming back up out of my stomach.  This means that I had the dry heaves while the fluid remained in my stomach.  I had to return to the hospital so that I would not tear out the stitches, starve or dehydrate.  I was placed on ativan and comspine (something like that) and released in a couple of days.  The medications did not work so they put me on more and readmitted me. This time for three days.  Through out this I was not sleeping right, just a couple hours a night and becoming very anxious.  I was released again and at least this time I could eat (very little) and my bowels slowly began to work.  I still could not sleep.  This went on for a few more days when I had a full anxiety attack that I could not stop.  I had not slept for more than two hours a night for a couple of weeks and was taking in less than four hundred calories a day.  Needless to say I was in bad shape.  My husband and I tried to get help for the anxiety, which made everything worse, but no one would help.  Neither of my doctors would help.  I knew that I was in bad shape.  I was becoming desperate.  I had no solid footing and could not relax.  I finally checked myself in to a hospital about 50 miles away.  They helped.   They told me that I had a reaction to the anesthia.  It took me too low and I am lucky to be all right now.  This, of course, was compunded by the lack of food and sleep.  I will have to be on medication for quite awhile, but it is worth it.  I feel much more like myself.  

I promise to get through all the PMs and emails over the next couple of days.
Lost plants do not seem to bad right now.  I know I lost my pirahna, green dragon, rotundafolia, and brevifolias.  Almost everything was dry, but I think they will pull through.

Thank you all for being my friends, especially the special few.
Rose

Wow, I just found out about this post now... I hope things get much better for you. Hope you feel better soon!

That's sounds really bad. I knew that you had a reation to the anesthia, but I didn't know it was that bad. All I can say is I'm glad you're back to yourself now. Like Tamlin said just take it easy. We'll be here when you're felling better.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that....but I'm sure glad that you are feeling better. Welcome back!

And since one of our own lost some babies while down and out, maybe we can get them back to you. After all, we are here for each other!

That would be most kind. Laura, bless her heart, has already sent some rotundifolia. Thank you Laura and thanks to the members of the MCPS for the card and pings. Sadly I do not know yet how great the loss is. I have to be patient and wait on the utrics. Thr neps suffered, but will survive. The brevifolia, Moranensis kirkbright, and Titan are history. This is all well worth feeling better. I return to full duty on Sunday.

Back