Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most interesting cp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 19 2005,9:28)]How old are they? Mine is almost a year old and I am about to take more plant pics, including this one. Is yours indoors?
    Hmmm... As to what age they may be... I have no clue whatsoever. All I know is they grew quite rapidly from 2" across onwards (they have much smaller dead leaves, and at the rate the plant is growing right now... you get the idea). TC comes into mind when I look at this feature.
    This plant is growing [surprisingly] rapidly, faster than my Drosera slackii, might I add.
    This is a day in the life of this plant: It sits with my other dews and Cephalotus in an unheated propagator on an east-facing windowsill, in my room. When the sun shines, the temps inside the enclosures can reach ~95F from around 9am to midday. The rest of the day is relatively bright warm. If it's enough to seriously redden my Ceph and other plants, I take it as a sign of sufficient light. Night temps fall into the 60s and 50s, cool room temperatures, basically, to keep the highland Neps happy.

Amori

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Amori,

My guess is that you have an older plant than mine. Although my growing conditions are different than yours, I'm not sure those differences are why mine haven't flowered yet. Mine were started from seed last spring. They are currently at the lab, at a SW facing window sill, open tray. The day/night temps probably vary a good 20 degrees. The tenatacles are quite dewy and red. Just no evidence of wanting to flower.... yet. Are the flower stalks actually white, or as it the way the pic comes out. Does yours have stipule-looking growth at the center?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jimscott,

I'd have preferred seed started plants myself but they didn't fare well for me. So I'm actually a little jealous of you there! The flower stalk and the petioles look white in that pic I took because of the indumentum reflecting the flash. I should be able to tell if it's the pink flowered or white flowered form within the next 2 weeks.
    Indeed, there is stipule-looking growth in the centre of the
    plant.

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot. The best CP I ever found was in Lowes. It was a S. rubra ssp. jonseii. I found the suppliers and they confirmed thats what it was. Never crossed state lines though so you can only get them in Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tre, you are extremely lucky, hopw much were they? the paradoxa is awesome, the rarest i've ever found was probably an N. Bical seedling at a store that died, it had nice fangs goin tho, I've heard of someone finding an H. Nutans at a garden centre in europe, it was properly labeled as well
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some really, really healthy looking VFTs at the local Walgreens right now. No cultivar name, but probably good for getting children interested in CP's.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does running across a N. Bicalarata in a store count?

It was Phil's... and I took it home. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was $8 or $4 I cannot remember. I only suspected they were jonseii I did not findout until months later. But if I see them again I will buy the whole lot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast