Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bird problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ April 18 2005,10:16)]LOL
    who the heck made these smileys anyway? someone obssesed with hats [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    The hats, hmmm, balding smiley inventor? Never seen one with hair...

Scottychaos--I think you're onto something with the CDs. Pure genius. Maybe I could put in several bird baths, a few statues and mirrored balls and hold birdie discos!!!
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are just afraid of being overcharged by AOL...
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well add some soap to the bird baths then and give them a foam disco party.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ April 18 2005,10:24)]Maybe they are just afraid of being overcharged by AOL...
    LMAO, man. Good one!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ April 18 2005,10:25)]Might as well add some soap to the bird baths then and give them a foam disco party.
    Now ROFLMAO!! You win the funny contest dude!!! But will the birds do club drugs like 'X' for purple finches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try collecting nectar from some Nepenthes and putting it dishes for them.. It gets the ants drunk, maybe the birds too.
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Aww no kiss for me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] lol.Scottychaos I've always wanted to ask you...since your plants are outside how do you get the right humidity level? *Niki* [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 18 2005,6:47)]Aww no kiss for me [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] lol.Scottychaos I've always wanted to ask you...since your plants are outside how do you get the right humidity level? *Niki* [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Niki,
    I never, ever, even worry about humidity.
    I think VFTs and Sarracenia are far more tolerant of humidity levels that people think.."high humidity" isnt really necessary..people who think VFts and Sarrs "need" to be a terrarium to keep humidity levels high are simply wrong..
    the only CP where humidity needs to be a concern are nepenthes..and only for certain types of them too, not all neps..

In the summer around here, we have wide ranges in humidity, from 90% on hot sticky august days, to maybe 50% at the lowest..(the air does get very dry in the winter, btu the plants arent outside then anyway)
    But I am close to lake Ontario, so its generally "humid enough" pretty much all the time.
    I just dont even think of it..
    I never even know what the humidity level is on any given day.
    its not something people around here even think about.

unless you live in a desert, humidity shouldnt even be a concern for anyone..you dont even need to think about it, just put them outside and they will be fine!

Scot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast