What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep wrangler

• Thread starter ZAK
  • Start date
Just wondering if we have any past, or present Jeep owner here. How do you, or did you, like it.

no wranglers here i have a '95 cherokee and love it. that 4.0L straight 6 is a tank of an engine. my soon to be father in law has a CJ7 now thats a fine piece of work. about the only way to get it stuck is to high center it. im trying to talk my big boss out of the CJ8 thats sitting in the back of the shop for a wedding present, if that doesnt work i may find a wrangler or CJ7(if i can find one i can afford in decent shape). Wranglers are decent rigs but depending on what your going to do with it it may need some upgrades. easy enough to do, there are lots of good solid manufacturers making parts. what exactly are you looking at? the new Rubicons are a really good step up from the standard Wrangler, it already has Dana axles under it.

I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It has an inline 6 and 4 wheel drive. My older 1989 Jeep Cherokee had 250,000 with the orginal engine and transmission. Could have gone alot further but I found another Jeep. Sold it last year for 500 bucks. Then the person destroyed the jeep by going nuts on dirt trails. I love the Cherokee's, to bad they had to kill them with the Liberty.

i forgot about the tranny, Darla hasnt managed to hurt the 5 speed in mine yet. i was afraid she would tear it up in 6 months, 3 years of her driving now and its still going without a hickup. ive never tried any of Jeeps 4 bangers but what ever they did in coming up with the 4.0L straight six they did it right. weve got a 2003 Ford F150 at work. the cherokees 4 wheel drive system is beefier and its what? 1000 pounds lighter? and the cherokee wasnt designed for serious off road work. my also starts up better in the winter.

Nice,

I found a 97 Jeep wrangler with the 4.0 in line six. If all goes well with haggeling over the price, I may pick it up today. I'll probably put a 4" lift on it, but I won't need 33" mudders. To much tire for the gas prices. I'll get some decent meats for it, and a wench...gotta have a wench
smile_n_32.gif

Beaches, and getting to bogs are my main destinations.

dont sound like your going to push it terribly hard prolly wouldnt bother putting Danas under it unless you going to do some uh......crazy stuff. sounds like a good base rig. about the only complaints i ever hear on them is ppl buying a 4 banger and wishing they had bought the 6. and ppl buying a stock Wrangler and thinking they can do some of the crazy stuff that is actually being done by a Wrangler or CJ7 thats seen alot of shop time

I think it has 30' on it from the previous owner. maybe a 2" lift as well. I can't stand to see a jeep rolling down the road with those puny stock tires on it. Thats just.......wrong
confused.gif

I had an 86 CJ8 in highschool with a 4" lift and 33" on it. mostly stock tranny and ax's. Rolled it 4 times jumping dunes on Crystal beach in Galveston. I have learned my lesson. I want it to get me out of trouble if I get into it. I probably won't go looking for tuff spots just to see what it'll take. OK.... WELL NOT OFTEN... I PROMISE  
smile_n_32.gif

Back