What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats a cheap way of cooling

hey everyone, do any of you know a good way to cool a greenhouse for sheap, i wihs i could afford a swamp cooler but that woint be for a while, meanwhile my plants are getting toasted

swamp coolers rock! lol
I really cant think of anything else. Maybe a small swamp cooler? lol
Fans would help too. Sorry! Try shadecloth

sunpitcher, if you have a cooler from your greenhouse that the iguana doesnt need please e-mail or pm me

Convection venting (natural hot/cool air flow) is the cheapeast method...as is opening the door! But to be EFFECTIVE is another deal, swamp cooling in the best form for a CP greenhouse, next in line would be a fog/misting system activated, then have exhaust fans engage to create an evaporative effect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ April 19 2005,4:06)]hey everyone, do any of you know a good way to cool a greenhouse for sheap...
Wouldn't it be easier to sheer the sheep to keep them cool? And a green house might be too confining for them. My mom used to let hers run around in her yard. Kept the grass short and fertilized
smile_m_32.gif

yeah kirk. Sarrs dont REALLY need their pitchers!

tuna- me too, it doesnt really help that much a little, I have a little fan I use but I want to upgrade from that

SP- The sarrs arent the ones I am worried about, my darlintonia, dionaea, and even some of my lowland neps! as well as a few of my daylilies that i recently got interested in after meeting one of the hybridizers

Why would you have hemerocallis in a green-house? Don't they need a winter dormancy? The ugly orange ones i have come back every year, un-
fortunately. They live in the dirt all year round, lol!

Good choice for experimenting with hybridising, though

oooh a daylilly right?

i was like " a hemo what"?

LOTS and LOTS of ice cubes....
smile_m_32.gif

Back