Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Going into public high school this fall

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ April 20 2005,4:25)]I have been home schooled my whole life, I'm in 11th grade now. I'm pretty involved with a local 5A high school, my Uncle teaches there so I have gotten to know quite a few of the kids and teachers that go there.
    Oh, I agree. There are several homeschooled kids on this forum and every one that I have gotten to know is a gem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, jeebus, I WISH I had been home schooled, but things like that didn't exist in the 1890's. Just do your best, Tanya, I know you will.

Personally, I think home-schooled kids have an edge over reg. school kids. They're definitely ahead of most of their peers in the reading and critical thought game.

And I know you're nervous about this. Just don't front, in the long run..it's real hard to maintain, and stressful. Be yourself, relax. I was told in 8th grade that everybody was out to get freshman....no-one bugged me at all. Very anti-climactic.

Also...you're a freshman to be...don't worry about college quite yet. Or your future career. Worry, instead, about how to keep your grades up. That'll keep you busy, LOL!

Also...pottery is not easy. Just wait until you have something you made that you really, really liked blow up in the kiln. Heh. April.

Jimscott, glad to see kitty resting comfortably on his side.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 20 2005,5:53)]Yeah, jeebus, I WISH I had been home schooled, but things like that didn't exist in the 1890's. Just do your best, Tanya, I know you will.

Personally, I think home-schooled kids have an edge over reg. school kids. They're definitely ahead of most of their peers in the reading and critical thought game.

And I know you're nervous about this. Just don't front, in the long run..it's real hard to maintain, and stressful. Be yourself, relax. I was told in 8th grade that everybody was out to get freshman....no-one bugged me at all. Very anti-climactic.

Also...you're a freshman to be...don't worry about college quite yet. Or your future career. Worry, instead, about how to keep your grades up. That'll keep you busy, LOL!

Also...pottery is not easy. Just wait until you have something you made that you really, really liked blow up in the kiln. Heh. April.

Jimscott, glad to see kitty resting comfortably on his side.
    Tanya nervous or scared? LOL! More like Mwahahaha!

About the kitty.... I PM'd my friend and requested he rotate it another 180. I think he is compromising a bit. Hey, do you have the cat litter box cake picture?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimscott..I used to have it...let me rummage around a bit. I think Laurazone5 probably has it for sure. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]And I know you're nervous about this.
    *doesn't even bother saying anything, transferring April directly to line 2:*
    Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ April 20,2005 @ 10:34)]Well, I don't worry about the social situation much. I already know peer pressure will never be an issue with me, because it's just who I am not to be a moldable influence sponge to society.
    And I can't really help thinking about my career already. It's not that I try to or I think I have to, I just do.

And just a side note...... if I see another person walk up to me to ask what I want to be when I grow up, I'm going to call the cops as soon as I see the person walking towards me so they can come restrain me before that person gets all the way up to me to ask, because I know I'll freaking punch them out if not restrained. STOP ASKING ME THAT!!! AUGH!!! DO I LOOK LIKE I'M 7 TO YOU?!?!?!!

*flames*

Anyway.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, she was the originator of it. Do yo have the kitty licking screen?

Gee, almost small enough for an avatar pic! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Here's the recipe:

Recipe

Ah yes, the topic at hand... trust me, Tanya deefinitely can take care of herself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any one else notice a problem with these sentance parts:
    "and I'm above average on language and reading skills. After that, me and the counselor looked over all the courses"
    Or is it just me? Kind of funny actually.

I would recommend you keep your wits and morals/ideals about you. and whoever it was was right about trying to use the bathroom as little as possible. A big plus is you will get more freedom and "develop" (more) social skills and so being more prepared for life. In that I mean dealing with people.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 20 2005,3:53)]Also...pottery is not easy. Just wait until you have something you made that you really, really liked blow up in the kiln. Heh. April.
    Aww man! You beat me to it april. I worked with pottery for about three years (in my 20s) and enjoyed it. Clay can be very theraputic too as you draw somebody's face on it then begin to mash it!
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast