What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These winds blew straight from hell.

destruction.jpg

Yes, those are my greenhouses.
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

Man, I am so sorry! Did you save your plants?

Amazingly, it seems only one plant was killed. A few other were missing. The one plant was a decapitated N RAJAH.

What the!!! Are there plant casualties? I'm guessing the plastic lawn chairs were place upright, or that wind really did come from hell if it spared them, but took out your greenhouses!
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

I'm sorry about you plant losses.
smile_h_32.gif

Don't feel bad, most of my Sarracenia got touched by frost the other night....moral of the story, never trust the weather forecast.
smile_h_32.gif

OMG I'm so sorry!*Niki*
smile_h_32.gif

JESUS!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
That is shocking, I really dont know what to say.
smile_h_32.gif

Aw man, I'm sorry! At least just the one plant!

Did you have the greenhouses staked down? Perhaps upon the next setup sink some cinderblocks udner the ground at each corner and drive your stakes into them. Squirt some 5 min epoxy (or silicone bathtub caulk) into the join of the stake and block. This oughtta hold em good n tight without pouring an actual cement border to anchor it to.

Good idea. I have about twice my weight in rocks weighting it down now, so i don't think it's going anywhere.

*looks outside*
Yep, still there.
smile.gif

Dang that sucks
smile_h_32.gif
but at least the damage wasnt too bad looks like things just mostly got shuffled around. Sorry to hear about your Rajah
smile_h_32.gif

Is it still windy like that now? *Niki*

No, the winds have died down. The greenhouses are back up, and the plants are in rehab. Looks like all bur N. rajah will survive.
smile.gif

Good to hear!!But I'm sorry about your Rajah
smile_h_32.gif
R.I.P little Rajah
smile_h_32.gif
*Niki*

*stumbles into thread, trembling in trauma* Y-y-you got winds too?? *stumbles back out without waiting for a response* M-m-must fix molecules split by winds... *is seeing dots*

I think i already know the answer to this, did you have winds there too? *FTG answers "yes"*

I just checked, and it seems that some of the pitchers rajah had are still inflating! They are still attached to the leaves/root system after all. Maybe i'll get some growth from the nodes.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think i already know the answer to this, did you have winds there too?

No, the aliens were controlling me when I put the word "too?" at the end of the "Y-y-you got winds".

Back