What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify this non cp

Anyone know what this plant is:
Shrub to 3 feet with only main stems (no branching) from a rhizome 1-3 feet underground. Woody. Dying back in winter. "Fuzzy" leaves that are grey-ish, probibly due to hairs. Native to SE USA.
Flowers from April to May. All parts of flowers white. Flowers before it leafs. Bud consists of 3 sections and three large sepals come out. Petals small (to 0.5 inch) and the center section (pistil, stamens, etc) is a blacksh ball. The flowers hang downward. From the road or walking towards it looks like this bush has Sarracenia flowers that are white.
No visible roots, at least I could not find any. I am not sure about fruit.

I don't know what it is.I just thought I would reply since no one else was,lol.*Niki*
smile_n_32.gif

pictures would be helpful, I simply can't take in that description.

Yes, I need to see pictures. Flowers and leaves! April

I need a photo..........they say pictures can tell a thousand words
biggrin.gif

Wish I had a camera or scanner.

Go to Walgreens, or Wal-mart, if you must. Buy a little cheezy "party camera" , take the pix, and Walgreens or Wally will load the pix onto a CD for you. April

I figured out it is a "maypop" sorry I can't find the scientific name again.

that would be Passiflora incarnata(Passionflower with big white flowers and edible fruits which make a popping sound when they are squezed)

Ugg these common names. Hold on I will pull it up on Google if possible.

Back