What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We've succeeded

Yes!! Where I live has successfully succeeded from Jacksonville. In about two years we will fully impliment our name. Too bad I will be gone by then. Anyway or name is (unfortunatly) St. Johns, St. Johns County. We succeeded b/c
1) Jacksonville taxes
2) Our house value shoots up
3) Mainly because we live in St. Johns not Duval County.
Too bad Bartram did not win but oh well. At least we are free.

Ok...um...YAY!
laugh.gif
*Niki*

You've succeeded at secession? Yay! Hope it works well for you!

Isn't that why the civil war was fought?

um...........what are you talking about tre?
confused.gif

Oh yeah an explaination might help. I live in St. Johns County, Fl which is right under Duval County. Most of Duval County is Jacksonville. We were called Jacksonville and had all Jacksonville taxes, addys, etc. We voted for a town name to remove ourselves from Jacksonville (which will make our houses worth more b/c no one wants to live in Jacksonville). This also means we can use the transformer (on the other side of the road down 2 miles) and power from St. Augustine so we will not lose power everytime there is a thunderstorm. So basically we succeeded from Jacksonville to create a new town. Unfortunatly it will take about two years to obtain land and build a post office.

No one wants to live in Jacksonville? Isn't it the largest city in the state of Florida?

Sorry about the double post, but I wasn't home schooled and my computer skills are very bad!

Landwise. It's only 1 million people but 44 miles square. Now actual downtown (If you watched the superbowl you got to see the sky line).

Jacksonville is a bit over 800 square miles; less than half of 44 miles square (~1900 sq mi), but a lot more than 44 square miles.

I believe the word you're after is seceded, not succeeded. Seceded is the past tense of the verb secede, which means to withdraw formally from an association or alliance with something.

Capslock

I knew my spelling looked wrong. No wonder people did not know what I was talking about.

Back