What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Auction Rules Brief

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
<span style='color:red'>Its the 2nd Annual NASC BENEFIT AUCTION!!</span>

Hi folks

Thanks for your patience while a few details are being hammered out.

There will be more information forthcoming but I am at home and hampered by a slow internet connection, so I'm not getting fancy right now...but...

The dates for the auction are:  Starts <span style='color:red'>Sunday, May 8th and will run for two weeks ending Sunday, May 22nd</span>.  People can make donations (post an offering of an item) at any time during that time period.  The auction is open to anyone for both donating and bidding, even non-forum members.  Mark your calendar!!

Donations can be plants, seeds, CP related, plant related or anything else.  There is no limit to what you can offer.  The point is to raise money for NASC.  AND...to have some fun!

I will be annoying you for the next couple weeks with reminders.  So bear with me.  I will be posting the rules ahead of time so you can FAMILIARIZE yourself with them.  This is a monumental undertaking and it reeaaally helps if you all follow the rules. Monies will be collected by our esteemed Bossman Phil Crane...payment address will be posted in the final rules.

I would like to ask anyone who has a CP or plant-related web site to please put an advertisement for the auction with the dates above.  You can direct them to TF for more information.

I will thank you in advance for participating.  Let's make this fun!

And remember...it is better to give than to receive!  Any items you might win are just gravy compared to helping ensure the future of Sarracenia.

Thank you all!

biggrin.gif

Bump
smile.gif

Bump, Finch?? What is a bump?

Here's a hint - you just bumped this thread too...
smile_n_32.gif

~ Brett

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nrbelex @ April 25 2005,10:41)]Here's a hint - you just bumped this thread too...  
smile_n_32.gif

~ Brett
Dang! Now I bumped. I got goose bumps thinking about the auction. Got my amber piece ready for a lucky bidder, AND, I'm looking at plants to give up...

Do de bump...bump, bump, bump.

Some bumps are good.
smile.gif
Some bumps are bad.
smile_h_32.gif

Some bumps can even make you mad.
You can take your lumps but not your bumps.
Be careful not to confuse bumps with humps.

And now...this topic has been well bumped.
biggrin.gif

I be thinking of relinquishing a cephalotus.....hmmmmmmm...should I??
smile.gif

AAAaaa--who wants a bunch of funny lookin, shrunkin heads anyway? I Do! I do!
smile_n_32.gif

I cannot wait to see what's offered. Now how could I make eay money
smile.gif

Cutting people's grass!! lol You can make good money cutting grass for people. I'd pay someone to do it for me! A friend of mine's son used to do that for me and two others in my neighborhood and he could make $60 in just a few hours. You just price yourself a lot lower than professional lawn services and people will jump at the opportunity. There's plenty of time before the auction to cut grass.
laugh.gif

We had some very nice offerings last year.
smile.gif

Maybe we'll change the name to "NASC Benefit Auction and Happy Birthday To Flip Side the Pint"
laugh.gif

*sigh* i dont have lots of money to obtain lots of extra stuff i only keep what i need. Almost all of my eisting plants were gifts from some very close people in my life. Others were from internet freinds. Finch eggs arnt worth anything to anyone, and... well i DO have that strange margold strain the has popped up every year in my garden from seed, that overwintered from the plants the year before. *gasez to the feil beyond the yard* all introduced weeds. Knapweed, fescuse, fireblindweed, cested whetegrass . I did fine a small patch of plains pussytoes but im not moving them. I donated my old rock collection to my since class for geology lessons, including my most unusual specimens lake hardened lava bubbles.- actyally i have some fossles and a very dirty brittle rosette shaped crystle i found on the ground behind my house. I have some heirloom matchbox cars my dad gave me when i was young that he used to have... but that has so mutch emoional signifigence. i cant think of anything i have that im willing to part with anyone would really want. no im not greedy, its that i dont have alot.

I have something for the auction. An s. flava from an extirpated site.

Oh woohoo, time to smash those piggybanks...get a job...or rob...
smile_n_32.gif
J/K

People who don't have much to give shouldn't feel let down, just encouraging the auction spirit is good enough, is my point. And if you can't give then buy, it is just as helpful, so don't go trying to sell your middle finger if you can't find anything to give...
smile.gif

Jason

Another way to make money if you have access to a truck is to offer to clean junk out of cellars. I'll hire you. So would a lot of other folk, especially this time of year.

Other possibilities include a can/bottle drive. This is a worthy cause, and I am sure your local papers would give free advertising for so noble an effort. A few Hrs. on a Sat. morning can bring in a lot of cans and nickles for the NASC effort, and would also afford some consciousness raising and attention directed towards the NASC efforts.

Just a thought.

Also...let me add...don't think anything is "too common" to offer. You might think everybody in the world has D. capensis. But we are getting newbies all the time so there might be people interested in the more common plants or seeds as starter material. Offerings do not have to bring a million bucks. And if something is listed and doesn't get any bids, so what! At least this ain't eBay so you won't have to pay listing fees.
smile_n_32.gif

Having a broad and diverse range of plants and other items will be good for our broad and diverse range of members. Newbie stuff to expert stuff is all equally appreciated.
smile.gif

You could even offer a service like designing a web site or making a drawing of someone's favorite plant. Be creative! Think out of the box.
smile.gif
I believe last year William listed "NOTHING" and it sold for a great price!
laugh.gif

I'll have some nice stuff to contribute I believe.

Thank you so much Dustin.
smile.gif

I better stop buying so many rocks...

Back