Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got the job!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Niki, having fun with dogs is a pretty cool job description!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how did your first day go?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:56)]LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    That's better than falling in the aeration basin in an extended aeration wastewater treatment plant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well today was my first day.I didn't have the best begining.I was to be there at 10 and when I woke up and looked at the clock it was 10:24!!!Which is really weird because I never get up that late.I'm usually up by 6:30,the latest 8,so that was crappy.I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Anyways so I got there at a bit before 11 and she wasn't mad at me.I had to walk 3 dogs at a time,and one got soooo excited when we went down to the creek that she pulled me in!!! I was wearing shorts and she pulled me in so far that my shorts were wet at the bottom.STRONG DOG!!! But everything else went fine,lol.I got to groom a bit too,since I used to be a groomers assistant,so I got to dry some dogs today,that also went well.So I got off at 2:10.I am very sore now tho cause I have tons of blisters on my feet from walking the dogs.I need to get better shoes! *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 26 2005,4:49)]... I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed
    Oh no! I suggest that you think up a big apology for if (when) your boss finds out the truth. There is nothing worse for a boss than to discover that you cannot trust your employees to tell the truth. No matter how bad it seems at the time, getting caught in a lie is usually much worse.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:18)]Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?
    Let's just say that one day I became totally immersed in my work and leave it at that.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Nikki, you really should have told her the truth, that you overslept. Life happens and most bosses realize this. It would have been a bad way to start your first day of work (being late), but I'm sure that once she saw what a hard and enthusiastic worker you are, she wouldn't have minded your lateness.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast