Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got the job!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Niki, having fun with dogs is a pretty cool job description!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how did your first day go?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:56)]LOL! Fortrunately, you won't have to put the stuff through a filter for hours on end!
    That's better than falling in the aeration basin in an extended aeration wastewater treatment plant
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well today was my first day.I didn't have the best begining.I was to be there at 10 and when I woke up and looked at the clock it was 10:24!!!Which is really weird because I never get up that late.I'm usually up by 6:30,the latest 8,so that was crappy.I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed Anyways so I got there at a bit before 11 and she wasn't mad at me.I had to walk 3 dogs at a time,and one got soooo excited when we went down to the creek that she pulled me in!!! I was wearing shorts and she pulled me in so far that my shorts were wet at the bottom.STRONG DOG!!! But everything else went fine,lol.I got to groom a bit too,since I used to be a groomers assistant,so I got to dry some dogs today,that also went well.So I got off at 2:10.I am very sore now tho cause I have tons of blisters on my feet from walking the dogs.I need to get better shoes! *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 26 2005,4:49)]... I immedietly called my boss and made up a lie...I know I'm bad,but when she interviewed me she asked me what are three of my strengths and I said punctuality as one of them,so i told her that my mom fell at work and was in the hospital with maybe a broken leg,so I was with her.I feel REALLY bad for lying,and I want all the younger people on here to know that that's REALLY bad,but I had to think of something and that was the first thing that came to my head.I'm so ashamed
    Oh no! I suggest that you think up a big apology for if (when) your boss finds out the truth. There is nothing worse for a boss than to discover that you cannot trust your employees to tell the truth. No matter how bad it seems at the time, getting caught in a lie is usually much worse.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 26 2005,4:18)]Steve, are you speaking from experience or just theoretical. potential disaster?
    Let's just say that one day I became totally immersed in my work and leave it at that....

Nikki, you really should have told her the truth, that you overslept. Life happens and most bosses realize this. It would have been a bad way to start your first day of work (being late), but I'm sure that once she saw what a hard and enthusiastic worker you are, she wouldn't have minded your lateness.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast