Greetings Fellow CPers and Conservation-Minded Folks!
Here is a quick overview of the NASC Benefit Auction Rules. *I know its kinda long but please read over them so you are familiar with how it all works. *If you have any questions, post your questions here and we'll get them answered.
The complete rules including payment address will be posted and pinned in the Auction Forum prior to and during the auction so you can refer to it.
This is a charity event to raise money to fund the new Sarracenia conservation and preservation organization, NASC. All funds go directly to NASC to pay for any operating and project expenses.
Please bear in mind this is all about DONATIONS to NASC.
* DONATION/LISTING PERIOD: *Sunday, May 8th through Sunday, May 22nd. *Starting and ending times will be approximate.* You may make a donation at any time throughout the auction period. *All items are open for bidding during this time. *High bidder at the end of the auction is the winner. *Do not be upset if you get outbid! *You are free to post another bid.
* AUCTION IS OPEN TO: the general public! *You do not have to be a TerraForums member to donate (list) an item or bid (buy) on an item. *You are welcome to join TerraForums if you'd like...we love new members!
* WHAT CAN BE LISTED FOR AUCTION? The auction is open to any legal item CP or non-CP related. *Anything that may bring donations ($$$!) is acceptable (plants, seeds, artwork, gardening tools, T-shirts, lights, pots, gift certificates, etc.). *Be creative! *We need items and bids!
* FOLLOW THE LAW: The lister (donor) and buyer are responsible for making sure that all interstate transfer laws, phytosanitary laws and CITES rules are strictly adhered to. *A lister has the right to refuse foreign bids (U.S. only).
* PAYMENT FOR A WON ITEM: *Payment can be made by personal check, money order, cashier's check or Paypal.
***VERY IMPORTANT*** When you send in your payment, you MUST include the following information:
1) Your FULL name
2) Your TF ID name (if a member)
3) Item you won AND donor's name
4) Amount of item
5) Amount of shipping (if required) and who shipping is being *sent to
6) Phone number and email address just in case we need to contact you
* LISTING AN ITEM: *Anyone can donate (list) an item for auction including non-TerraForum members! *Each item donated will be listed as an individual TOPIC under the NASC Auction Forum. *All bids for that item will be posted in that thread. *Each lister (donor) must post a METHOD OF CONTACT so the high bidder can contact you upon close of auction. Please make sure you note if you (donor) is paying for shipping or if the winner/buyer is paying. *Shipping payment must be sent directly to the donor.
All listings must have an opening bid price. **Minimum opening bid is $2* but opening bid can be higher. *This will be used in lieu of reserves to ensure no item sells for an unreasonably low price. *Please keep opening bids below what you consider or know the value of the item to be. *"Bargain hunting" encourages bidding.
For example: *Listing...one pack of 20 byblis seeds; opening bid $2. *Listing...one Nepenthes rajah seedling; opening bid $15.
You are encouraged to post a photo of your item (please, out of respect to dial-up users, keep your photos a reasonable size). *If no photo is available, please provide a DETAILED description of your item (species, size, age, condition, etc.). * If you'd like to make an "estimated value" on your item, you may but keep it fair and reasonable. *Please keep an eye on your listing(s) in case a bidder has questions for you.
* BIDDING ON AN ITEM: *All bids will be placed within the topic for each item; the thread following that topic (item) will be all bids posted and pertaining to that one item. *All amounts are in WHOLE U.S. DOLLARS.
**Bid increments:** *Please keep bids to WHOLE dollar amounts (no cents).
Bidding increments will be based on current high bid.
If the current high bid is between:
$1-$19 you may place a bid no lower than $1
$20-$49 you may place a bid no lower than $2
$50 + you may place a bid no lower than $5
Bids higher than these minimums may be placed at any time.
For example: *There is a nepenthes listed; its current high bid is $5. *You must bid AT LEAST $1 more (total $6 bid), but you can bid HIGHER (in even dollars). *The nep bidding goes up to $20; you can bid $22 or higher (in $2 increments); the nep reaches $50; you can bid $55 or higher in $5 increments.
NOTE: If you do not understand bid increments, please contact me (PlantAKiss) or another moderator. *We must have bid increments so people don't outbid by a few pennies.
**No bids can be edited and changed once posted. *You may bid as often as you wish. *No bids accepted past close of auction.**
* IF YOU WIN AN AUCTION: *Winner is high bidder at auction close. * Winner should contact the lister/donor within three days to make shipping arrangements. *Payment for the item will go directly to Phil Crane; do not send your payment to the donor (seller)! *Please remit any shipping fees directly to the donor.
* SHIPPING FEES: *The LISTER (DONOR) will choose who pays the shipping on their item. *He/she may offer to pay shipping OR require the bidder to pay shipping costs; this information MUST be included in the listing information so the bidder knows prior to bidding who will pay the costs. *Shipping fees and/or restrictions should be clearly posted in the listing (item topic); shipping costs can be estimated. *Seller/donor should take all care possible to ensure their item is well packed and will arrive in good shape. ***No item will be shipped until payment has been received.** *Shipping should be done in a timely manner. *Insurance will be at the request and expense of the buyer.
Moderators reserve the right to remove any inappropriate listings, comments or bids.
If you have any questions, please contact PlantAKiss at TerraForums via PM or by email at PlantAKiss@aol.com