Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wish lists

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Folks

I wanted to make a suggestion regarding the Grow Lists. We know that people are always looking for certain plants to add to their collections. I think it might be helpful if you edit your list and at the bottom, add a "Wish List". This will be a way of letting the general public know which plants you are interested in without having to go around asking individual people. Instead of you seeking them, they can come to you!

For example...if someone is looking at your Wish List and sees you want to add D. oblanceolata to your collection and they happen to have a spare, then they can contact you and maybe set up a trade or give-away.

You might find this works better than randomly asking around hunting for a plant.

Also...if you make this wish list NOW, maybe it will give people ideas for what kinds of plants to put up for AUCTION. You never know...making your desires known just might get it donated. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

This is just a suggestion but I think it might work out nicely. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's a great idea PAK! I still need to make a grow list [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT idea Suzanne!! (I'm sure I left out a "z", sorry if I'm right)

Another suggestion, if it is possible- it could be highly beneficial to make the "subtitle" of your growlist representative of your general geographic location (unlike mine, which at this time reads "see above" as some kind of stupid joke)
    As I have discussed with you and others, the Canada/US border can cause a lot of headaches for us Canucks as far as trading goes, to be able to tell who is where, international-wise and help cut down on the number of "sorry, US only" edits/PMs

But the wishlist thing is a solid idea in many ways, a very unobtrusive way to keep your cards on the table so-to-speak
    WEEEEEE!!!!!
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get that idea from me?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't we jsut make a wish list thread? I mean when I go on the growlist forum I check out what people have that I want and think about what I cna trade them if I want anything. Besides wishlists at the bottom of growlists sometimes gets confusing if you skim over the growlist. Jsut my 2 cents.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on an orchid forum I go to theres a wishlist forum, seems to work well and enjoyed by the majority of the members
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be easier if you are checking out someone's growlist to simply continue to read down and see if they are looking for anything? It would be a "one-stop information center"...as opposed to having to bounce between 2 threads to see what someone has vs. what they are looking for. Plus that would double the number of topics in there and soon the Grow List Forum would be way looong.

Sarracenia Scott...no. I thought about this shortly after the creation of the forum as a way to prevent people from soliciting material. It has been discussed in the mod forum. We had concerns that people would get pestered with PMs and emails asking for plants/seeds they wanted if they saw it on someone's list. It is MUCH better to be approached with an *offer of something you're interested in*, than to have people *asking* you to give or sell.

Carl...you get a gold star! For some odd reason, almost nobody can spell my name correctly but you got it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] And yes, it would be good for people to post your location. So...anybody who hasn't done so already, go add that in!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess it would be okay