Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Very, very good news

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] I love a good sense of humor.
    What do they taste like Ozzie?
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    I don't know......YET!

I tried a humming bird once, they tasted like feathers. It took 3 shots from my AK-47 to bring it down.

Seriously, I'm not a hunter, but I believe that since the decline of the north American preditors, hunters and our cars have now taken the role that they once had. I'd much rather have the hunters play that role, then my car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol true Ozzy, even with hunting considered normal and popular around here there are roads where you take your life in your hands driving after dark for all the deer. and to think 40 some years ago deer were extreamly uncommon here, my grandfather used to talk about how hard the hunting was and you had a hard time even finding a deer to shoot.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bats still have hope.
    Yes I know Ozzy was being Ironic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Bush would have had a problem if he did nothing about the Ivory Bills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd much rather native north american predators take the place of hunters, but...people get kind of angry when bobcats pick off their poodles and toddlers. You should hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth when coyotes are seen in town..., collecting people's pets. Hellooooooo...your dang cats and dogs and toddlers don't belong outside running free. EVER.

The hunters will do for now, in fact, I wish we had more hunters here...the deer are destroying the understory in the forests. They've added a bow season this year [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep were gonna have a sing on our land that says DEER HUNTERS WELCOME. The willows, cottonwoods and bur oaks are giving way to weeds like japanese barberry and russian olive because of hevy deer presure- oaks and other succepteble species like willows and poplars along with magnolias are being prevented from regenerating, changing the forest ecology. that definatly means that theres a problem when oaks are eliminated from ecotyps they once dominated.

and it want just market hunters, some were just there to shoot and kill back then (bloodlust), but there not really hunters, even if some groups say thats what a hunter is... no, its not.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there are now way too many deer in my area. I still get a thrill from seeing them though. That won't ever go away, as I remember when they were scarce. but they are now chewing through everything, and the time comes when there must be some kind of balance, artificially imposed or not.

Market hunters were hunters. If one has a gun, and it's used to shoot things...the firearm user is a hunter. whether or not it's for personal or market use. Period. And firearm users can take half to three quarters of the credit for the extinction of the passenger pigeon, and total credit for the near extinction of the American Bison. Before Europeans arrived on this continent, Indians didn't have access to rifles, and bison were not endangered.

While I've stated that I'm not against hunting...please stop trying to make it any more or less than that which it really is about. Killing animals for sport. And spare me the "communing with nature" stuff. Some people just enjoy killing things. Aprilh.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Florida panther is an example of an animal that has such a reduced gene pool. They even have a genetic trait that most/all have a crook in their tail. Last time I read about them, other panthers were being used to strengthen the gene pool.

The African cheetah is so inbred that there DNA is almost identical. They have all sorts of health problems. This was supposed to be some historical incident were their numbers were so reduced that inbreeding resulted.

I think the bison was hunted by man, but this was an attempt to eliminate the Native American's food supply. Not in any history book - just my line of thinking on the subject.

BTW, the Ivory Bill will be found in other areas. Shhhhhhh!

Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast