What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont panic!

Anyone excited about the film?!
its tomorrow!

dontpanic-2.jpg

So long and thanks for all the fish

Hard to say, it could be GREAT, or not- I have really mixed feelings about it at this point, but from the trailers I've seen at least it's gonna LOOK really slick...
We'll see what we're saying in a week or two...
(although if anyone hits it on opening night, PLEASE type out a quick review in large, friendly letters)

Uhh what film? I know I must be out of the loop.

Sounds like Rocky Horror Picture Show...
smile_n_32.gif
Bring your newspaper, rice, toast, squirt gun....

I have no idea what film either.
confused.gif

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

For those who aren't sure, the film in question is Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Great book, hopefully a great movie!

The low budget British TV version years ago really sucked and the money Hollywood throws at things can only make it worse.  How about the intergalactic invasion force that, due to a serious misunderstanding of scale, was swallowed by a small dog?  Something like that is awesome when it appears out of nowhere in a book, but a big movie can't careen around like that.

Read the book and didn't care for it. Everyone else thought it was a great read though. Movie might be better, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I'm not expecting anything from it but entertainment. I think people sometimes expect to much

afterall
its juyst
a movie

give a good foreign film at the Angelika, please
smile_m_32.gif

I was surprized to hear they were making it into a movie... and then I was surprised that it had taken them this long to make it into a film.

I think the film will be "mostly harmless"

Back