User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What music groups does everyone like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no...420 is bad! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] *Niki*
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ April 29 2005,7:32)]Well I like Flock of Seagull's hair. But who doesn't?
    I listen to 80s mostly but I do like (in no particular order):
    1)Some Greenday (I don't know the actual lirics I discovered the other day so I did not think they were about drugs I thought it was other stuff)
    2) Cars by Gary Numan
    3) That Marron 5 song that was played at the Grammies
    4) Opera music that slows down time (I can do more)
    5) people (mainly female) with nice voices who are not off key especially if they have interesting background music.
    6)Manic Monday - Bangles
    I love 80's music, especially New Wave. Cars is like the epitome of that. Very fond of that song and Manic Monday & Susanna Hoffs. I have Flock Of Seagulls & Bangles greatest hits.

Dude, how old are you? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scotty Chaos "country music" is not world music (like Enya) but country & western or "cowboy music". Songs sung by guys in cowboy hats about dead hound dogs, cheatin women and hard drinking. Blues for white people basically!
    When my dad was growing up in Arkansas in the 40s/50's he and his buddies would sneak off to the "negro" gin joints and listen to their blues and jazz. His dad would always berate him for listening to that "voodoo jungle music" and not the "good christian country music".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green Day, Chevelle, anything new. 50 Cent. I don't like 60's music anymore, I grew up with it, even though the Who inspired me to pick up bass and drums. Bleaaaaauuuuugh. Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Pearl Jam. Sleater/Kinney. Throwing Muses. Lush. The darned. The Clash. The Jam. The Sex Pistols. Talking Heads. Matthew Sweet. Cheap Trick (1st 2 albums). Eagerly awaiting the new NIN album. I've heard it's very good...actually, I've heard it already and it is very good, FYI.

And then there's country music...I like the Dixie Chicks, Jim Reeves, Asleep At The Wheel, Bob Wills and His Country Playboys, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline. Les Paul and Mary Ford. Glen Campbell.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Th Clash - love their music. It reminded me of our current state of affairs: "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". Talking Heads were great, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parliament/Funkadelic
    James Brown
    Ohio Players
    Gap Band
    Other funk and disco (guilty pleasure...)
    Bob Marley
    Grateful Dead
    The Cure
    Primus
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Classic Rock
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mike d with the master plan I said who are you and thank you mam.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    METAL, HEAVY %&#* METAL...
    Hammerfall, MOTORHEAD, MANOWAR, DIO,Gamma Ray, Goat Horn, Anvil, Omen, Grim Reaper, Primal Fear, that kind of stuff mostly floats my Battleship...

Bein a musician though I really dig a lot of stuff- early modal jazz (and some of the freak/free stuff from the early 60's) OLD blues (like what Bugweed mentioned, Lonnie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly) reggae (Burning Spear is my fave of the older stuff, or really early Wailers when they were still doing rocksteady)
    And I like most classic rock, from Deep Purple(I know, sort of a heavy metal band too),Thin Lizzy and Queen (ALMOST got all of their stuff on CD WOOOO!!!) to newer stuff like Motley Crue and GnR and stuff
    Everything but "urban music" and new country (oh, and Nu metal isn't worth the name, since it don't make ya nuts)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast