What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy birthday to aprilh

And just to make your day a little more special, here's a poem for you:

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
Author Unknown

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,

When the pipes leak
When the bones creak
When the knees go bad
Then I remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets, and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food nor food cooked with onions
Bathrobes and heat pads and hot meals they bring,

Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinning,
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinning,
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, when the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Then I remember the great life I've had
and then I don't feel soooo baaaaddd!

Let's say Happy Birthday to April!  She's Big, She's Bad, She's OOOOOOOOLD!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Hughes! I was wondering when this day would occur. After all, her name aint May or June!

OK, Happy Birthday again--and this time, I'm including Bugweed in my gift to you (see other B-day thread).

JBL, yer still a punk! And April, yer still ok with me!!

This is pretty funny!  There are two birthday threads for April and you almost have to go to both to keep up.  

Bugweed wrapped with a bow stuck on his head?  Now that's a nice visual. How do we insert all of his plants in the wrapped product for poor April the great and powerful killer of not only her Darlingtonia but both of her VFTs.

OH, GREAT!!!!!! A serial CP killer in our midst! My bog is stayin' here, April!! Don't even touch it!!!!!!

Hey, I didn't kill the dang things. They died. Big difference!

Picky little things, aren't they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 30 2005,4:19)]Hey, I didn't kill the dang things.  They died.  Big difference!  

Picky little things, aren't they?
Very picky IMO birthday girl. They stick their tongues out at you, then die!

Can I just look at your bog, Bugweed? Pretty please? Seriously, I think the unusually cool weather we're having here is making the little darlings not at all happy. All my pitcher plants are still alive, though. The darlingtonia is the only pitcher I've lost, and I expected I was going to lose it. The flytraps were in transplant shock, and I couldn't get them out of it, and I tried everything. Aprilh

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hey, I didn't kill the dang things.  They died.  Big difference!
That's what they all say.  Every murderer is innocent if you ask them. Some day you and me will sit down and have a girl to girl talk about accepting responsibility for one's actions. It's the very first step in the process of healing.

Well...that day may come sooner than you think.  So put your thinking cap on.  The Darlingtonia made a nice garnish for my last batch of potato salad. If I had wanted to kill the dang things...I would have put charcoal fluid on them and applied a lit match!

Hey, thanks for doing my shopping for me. Do you need me to send you a list? It's not a problem.  I'm very grateful you are going as I can't.

Here's a big smooch to prove it:
0ad70c1a.jpg

By the way, did you see the listing for Hepatica acutiloba that will be at CFC's native plant sale?  Didn't know if you caught that or not.

Yeah, I saw the acutilobas. I may buy 1 or 2, as I already have a few. They're nice plants.

Back