Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aprilh's birthday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 30 2005,10:42)]JBL, yer a punk! April, you're ok with me!!
    Yeah, I'm a punk--Sex Pistols rule (or at least they once did), right April? Don't go (Sid) Viscious on me now bug. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

I won't be Johhny Rotten--I'll send you first class, Bugger!!!@
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FIRST CLASS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! April, yer gonna have visitors!!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy bday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Sex Pistols did rule! What a fun band they were. Anarchy in the UK!

I'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for y'all.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ April 30 2005,4:18)]Yeah, the Sex Pistols did rule! What a fun band they were. Anarchy in the UK!

I'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for y'all.
    SP did rule. And I got to see the Clash in early 80s as well. Joe Strummer--yeah. Shrimp on barbie--yummm. I just had a hot fudge turtle sundae to celebrate your B-day. well, it was actually because I'm a little piggy--oink. Should I get you Morrissey's 'Irish Blood/English Heart', or is that too mellow for you?
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Morrissey a lot, actually. quite good with words and punnery. My fave Morrissey song, though, is "How Soon is Now?" You really haven't lived until you've heard that song cranked up to almost painful volume in a club.

I saw the Clash and the Ramones a whole bunch of times, I saw the Jam at a small club in suburban Chicago in 1978 or 1979. Patti Smith, circa the Horses album, at a hell-hole in Chicago called the Aragon Ballroom. Metallica at the same place on their first tour. I went to so many punk/rock shows when I was younger that I can't possibly remember them all. I have been meaning to go through my ticket stubs. Aprilh
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought "How Soon Is Now" was by the Smiths. Oh well. You like the Ramones, too?!!?!? Wow, I have a tape of their greatest. "I Wanna Be Sedated" is one of my top 10 favorites of all time. Not to mention fun songs like, "Sheena Was a Punk Rocker" and "The KKK Took My Baby Away" and "Rockaway Beach" and...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JimScott...yes, it was the Smiths, only I couldn't remember the name of the band. I was lucky to remember the name of the guy who sang the song, at my age.

I loved the Ramones, and I credit them with the ringing in my ears. See, we used to go to the shows and stand as close to the PA(and stage) as possible.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast