Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking at plants in dark?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to look at my plants when the sun is shining on them, with their glistening, dew-laden leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not except if I get back late and have been away. I want to make sure they are okay. But if you mean go out at Dawn to see them. I am your man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GUILTY!! But, Your Honor, when I get out of the slammer for stalking my CP, I am going to do it again!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ May 01 2005,1:58)]GUILTY!! But, Your Honor, when I get out of the slammer for stalking my CP, I am going to do it again!
    I knew I'd find a comrade in arms (or pitchers)! OK, BW does it too; now I know I'm normal! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't go out with a flashlight, either. And I have been going out at night and looking at the native plants in my yard for years. And I didn't have any cp's until about a month ago. What can I say?
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I would go out at night but mosquitos are out so I have to use the sun. Or you know invest in a force field [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately...it's been too dry and too bleeding cold and windy here to worry about mosquitoes....so...I go out at night without the benefit of flashlight and just look at my garden, which now, happily, includes CP's.

The psitts are getting lots of ants.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't look at my plants at night per say, but I do make an attempt to look at my D. Multifida at sunset when the sunlight is streaming through those thousand or so little balls of dew, very pretty...

I do don the head gear for my reef tank though. It is a headband that emits red light from LED's, since most reef critters can't see red light, it doesn't scare them, and I get to see things I can't see during the day, like thousands of copepods and amphipods running around, bristle worms cruising the substrate, spaghettie worms throwing out their tentacles to grab food, mini-sea stars comin out for dinner, so on and so forth... I am thinking about adding some bio-luminescent 'flashlight fish' to the mix.)
    \"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: \"Mankind\". Basically, it\'s made up of two separate words - \"mank\" and \"ind\". What do these words mean ? It\'s a mystery, and that\'s why so is mankind.\" ~ Jack Handey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast