What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cape fear serpentarium

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I had to go to NC on Saturday because there was a death in my family. Well needless to say by Monday I was more than ready to get out and see some plants and reptiles. I found some really nice plants but I'll make that another topic. I have to get all the pics resized and uploaded.

About three weeks ago I accidental found this website. Cape Fear Serpentarium

I saw the name in a search engine when I was looking up something else. Since I am from eastern NC I the words Cape Fear caught my eye and I knew that it had to be in Wilmington NC. The area is called Cape Fear after the Cape Fear River that runs through Wilmington. I clicked on the website and I decided pretty quick that I had to go there the next time I'm in NC.
Last Friday morning I got the call about the death and I left for NC first thing Saturday morning. I was half way to NC when I remembered the Serpentarium. I spent Saturday night, and Sunday with my family, and like I said before by the time Monday came I was ready to get out and away.

If you have read the reptile forum you know most of whats coming. Enough with the talking here are the pics I took. I promise no jokes like in the reptile forum.

Here is an albino burmese python.
Albermesepython.JPG

Reticulated pythons
reticulatedpython2.JPG
reticulatedpython4.JPG
reticulatedpython5.JPG
reticulatedpython6.JPG

This is an amazing Black headed python. It had his head hid so I couldn't get a pic of it.
blackheadedpython.JPG

Green Mamba
greemamba2.JPG
Greenmamba.JPG

greenmamba3.JPG

Black Mamba
blackmamba2.JPG

Copperheads
copperheads.JPG

Canebrake Rattlesnake
canbrake.JPG
canebrake2.JPG

Eastern diamondback
easterdiamondback.JPG
easterdiamondback5.JPG
easterdiamondback6.JPG
easterdiamondback4.JPG
easterdiamondback2.JPG
easterdiamondback3.JPG

Neotropical rattlesnake
mexicanrattler.JPG
mexicanrattler2.JPG
mexicanrattler3.JPG
mexicanrattler4.JPG

Rhinoceros viper
rhinoviper.JPG

Eyelashviper
eyelashviper2.JPG

Gaboonviper
gaboonviper2.JPG

well if its no joke than your a bit confused
smile_n_32.gif
out of your 4 retic python pics the two on the right are burmese or Sri Lankan. im not 100% sure which but Sri Lankans are rare so they are prolly just burms

also not sure on 2 of your mamba pics. after careful review i think my original statement of Jamesons mamba is prolly wrong. Jamesons usually have purplish black tails i believe. however they dont look like most greens i have seen. the head shape is all wrong. you 100% sure they are mambas Ozzy? ill have to do some looking as they remind me of something else but i cant put my finger on what.

Now for the Bushmasters. The owner of the Cape Fear Serpentarium is Dean Rippa. He is probably the biggest expert alive on bushmasters. He's been bitten 4 times. 80% of all bushmaster bites are fatal even with treatment and antivenoum.

Blackheaded bushmaster
Blackheadedbushmaster.JPG

Bushmasters
bushmaster.JPG
bushmaster2.JPG
bushmaster3.JPG
bushmaster5.JPG
bushmaster7.JPG
bushmaster6.JPG
100_0280.JPG

Tiapan
tiapan.JPG

Cobras

Spitting cobra
spittingcobra.JPG
spittingcobra2.JPG
spittingcobra3.JPG

Eygption cobra
eygptioncobra.JPG
eygptioncobra2.JPG
eygptioncobra3.JPG
eygptioncobra5.JPG

Albino monocle cobra
Almonoclecobra.JPG

Forest cobra
100_0269.JPG

I have a cool movie of this snake but my pic hosting site won't accept movies.

King cobra
kingcobra.JPG
kingcobra2.JPG
kingcobra3.JPG
kingcobra5.JPG

Now for the other reptiles.

Nile Crocodile
nilecroc.JPG
nilecroc3.JPG
nilecroc2.JPG

Beaded lizard
beadedlizard2.JPG
beadedlizard.JPG

Water monitor
watermonitor.JPG
watermonitor3.JPG
watermonitor1.JPG

I'm sorry about the pic size but my photo editor has been giving me problems lately. I am going to work on getting them sized.

Rattlemt, I can tell you that I am 100% sure that the name plates on the enclosures said that they are reticulated pythons and green mambas. I'm no expert on pythons or exotic species, it's possiable I have made a mistake.

I can't see any of the pics!! I wanna see,I wanna see!!!!! *Niki*

I have exceeded my bandwith, if you click on them you can see em. otherwise you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
Sorry

I would recomend http://imageshack.us/ No bandwidth limits, and gives you the code for putting into forum posts, including thumbnails so you don't have to resize and don't bombard the forum with huge pictures.

The pics should be working now.
smile.gif

Ozzy, i know im right on the pythons, ive worked with pythons for many years. if yah look at that string of 4 pics you can see the patterns on the animals are way different.

still not sure on that mamba pic but ive seen alot less of those guys.

excellent pics even if a couple are blurry
smile_m_32.gif
thanks for sharing!

It was really hard to get the pics as good as I did. I tried with and without the flash. I also am not that good with the camera that I have yet.

I'll go and look at the unsized pics and see what you're talking about. There was 3 snakes in that enclosure. The two labeled Reticulated and the albino Burmese.

Well, I took a look at the unsized pics and I do see a difference but it's still pretty close. I can email these pics to you if you want. They are a little better than the ones I posted.

nah no im swamped with stuff as is. trying to get 2 papers out befor 9:30 Wednesday morning.........generally takes us till 5pm. im about ready to strangle Darlas sister for getting married on a thursday half way across he country. you think she would know better.

Back